Ethan

Useful Tip regarding Technical Documents.
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »
I was recently asked if the Tech Docs could be arranged in alphabetical order by brand name.  Perhaps this will help other users as well.

Users have the ability to sort in ascending/descending alphabetical order.  If you look right above the sticky'd thread "Posting Guidelines - MUST READ" you should see "Subject / Started by"

Those are sorting links.  Click on "Subject" and it will sort by brand name (assuming we continue to follow the posting guidelines).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:48:11 AM by Ethan »
I am just the Web Geek here.

pucho812

Re: Useful Tip regarding Technical Documents.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:10:59 PM »
thanks ethan
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

EmRR

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
Good idea.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

mad.ax

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »
Good tip. Thanks!
First click on subject sort the list by alphabetical order with 'A' on top. Another click reverse the order with 'Z' (actually Y like Yamaha) on top.

It's worth being noted that the list can also be sorted out by Started by, Repplies, Views, and Last post.

A double click on Last post was how I got back to the original state that shows new schematics on top. Handy to see what's new in this section....

Axel

EmRR

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
I just posted a better version of the RCA BA-2 than was there.  At some point there will be increasing need for moderator editing along those lines. 
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

gemini86

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »
I also keep seeing commentary posted in those threads...
- Rodney

"...you better call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the danger zone."

signalflow

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »

And it's incredibly annoying since it says no commentary in the guidelines of that sub forum.  Maybe there is a way to limit only posts with attachments for that section so that we don't get the "Hey this is great!"  or "........does someone have?" comments.

Just a thought.

-Casey
The shortest distance between two places is a nap.

Ethan

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
If you see commentary in the tech docs, please use the "report to moderator" link to report the post.  One of us will delete the commentary.
I am just the Web Geek here.

gemini86

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

And it's incredibly annoying since it says no commentary in the guidelines of that sub forum.  Maybe there is a way to limit only posts with attachments for that section so that we don't get the "Hey this is great!"  or "........does someone have?" comments.

Just a thought.

-Casey

nah, ;et's not make it too complicated, let's just use some community moderation, ala craigslist and report the commentary.
- Rodney

"...you better call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the danger zone."