DMP-8 package vs SOIC-8

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorhifikit

I'm having trouble locating information on the difference in size between a DMP-8 package and an SOIC-8 package.  I spec'd a 5534 in SOIC-8 footprint, and the contract manufacturer has NJM5534 in DMP-8 footprint at a very good price.  I'm using Eagle and can't find anything in the library with this footprint, nor can I locate it on the interweb.  NJR gives very conflicting measurements of their own device, so I'm reluctant to make a library component until I'm sure what the dimensions are.

If anyone has more info on this SMD package, or better yet a proven Eagle library component, I'd love some help.

juniorhifikit said:
I'm having trouble locating information on the difference in size between a DMP-8 package and an SOIC-8 package.  I spec'd a 5534 in SOIC-8 footprint, and the contract manufacturer has NJM5534 in DMP-8 footprint at a very good price.  I'm using Eagle and can't find anything in the library with this footprint, nor can I locate it on the interweb.  NJR gives very conflicting measurements of their own device, so I'm reluctant to make a library component until I'm sure what the dimensions are.

If anyone has more info on this SMD package, or better yet a proven Eagle library component, I'd love some help.

DMP is what NJR calls a 5mm x 5mm package with 1.27 mm pin spacing.

Their footprint data are here, with the DMP8 specifically here.

It's wider than a standard SOIC-8, which is 4 mm by 5 mm and the same lead spacing.

-a

andy good that you point that out, since digikey sells these as soic8 while the datasheet states dmp-8. Digikey does state that these are dmp-8 in the article name but does not exclude these in the parametric search when you look for soic-8 package opamp.

greetings,

Thomas

This is where I ran into trouble (Digikey's marking info).  Fortunately, the pcb fabricator pointed out the discrepancy between my pad layout and my BOM.

Thanks for the links.  Is NJR the only chip manufacturer using this wider size?

Back