-20db AUX input mod to accept -10db or higher

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humner

How would I modify this circuit to accept a modern unbalanced signal. -20db doesnt seem usable.

auxinput.jpg

Hello!
What Opamp is IC4 ?
It looks like non-inverting configuration to me but i can be wrong without knowing the IC.
If it is non-inverting the amp has a lot of gain. you could increase the 2k7 resister to lower the amplification.

reagrds,
Wolfgang

That is a good question... This should help, the pinout

TA7136P
1. frequency comp
2. non-inverting input (+ input)
3. inverting input (- input)
4. V-
5. voltage comp
6. outout
7. V+

Tack resistors across the 47K from pin 6 to pin 3.

22K across that 47K will drop gain 9dB.

If you go too far, you may have to re-figure the 10pFd and 47pFd caps according to datasheet info. If no info, I would change 10p to 33p. This does compromise slew, which may be why they dialed so much gain in here.

Alternatively, stick 100K between jack and VOL pot. This does screw the taper of the 47K loading on the 47K pot, but does not change the conditions around the amplifier.

If your levels are WAY too hot: lift one end of both "BP" caps, wire the VOL pot direct to the PAN pot (skipping the amplifier completely).

Thanks for the advice.

I will start playing around with it, however bypassing the amp completely makes the most sense. I'm still deciding if I will use the AUX inputs anyway.

Cheers

Rob

Back