A challenge for me

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The orientation isn't crucial at all - it's not like the electrons are gonna fall out if they're pointing the wrong way 😁

The orientation isn't crucial at all

If they are the coupled inductors of the oscillator circuit for the voltage multiplier probably the windings need to be oriented the right way relative to each other, but the pair could be flipped together without affecting anything.
That is part of why I think the line across the inductors might be a paint mark and not actually a crack, it was a way to indicate that they had been tested together and were in the correct relative orientation.

If they are the coupled inductors of the oscillator circuit for the voltage multiplier probably the windings need to be oriented the right way relative to each other, but the pair could be flipped together without affecting anything.
That is part of why I think the line across the inductors might be a paint mark and not actually a crack, it was a way to indicate that they had been tested together and were in the correct relative orientation.
Oh... IT IS PAINT! I scraped some of with my nail. Ok but I noticed the mic when I plug it in it starts very quiet, even with the gain cranked but after a minute it gets louder until it is at a normal volume, maybe something is wrong with caps or something charging up...

or something charging up

It does take a while for the capacitors on the capsule bias circuit to get fully charged. I don't know how many seconds for that circuit, but after it gets to normal volume if it stays and does not drop to low volume again then the capsule charge circuit is probably OK.

It does take a while for the capacitors on the capsule bias circuit to get fully charged. I don't know how many seconds for that circuit, but after it gets to normal volume if it stays and does not drop to low volume again then the capsule charge circuit is probably OK.
That's the problem... It takes more than one minute to get loud enough and when I get close and "pop" it then sometimes it takes more than a minute again... That isn't normal I'm sure. Someone that have one of these could tell me if that charge up time is normal.

Have you done the capsule desiccating process?

Then again, that's partially what pop(!!!)-filters are for...

Latest posts

Back