So Pultec is back on the scene...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sr1200 said:
Someone has to add "re-imagined" into the verb table of that thing... if i hear that phrase anymore im gonna puke!  Hipster BS talk.

on the subject of hipsters.....

how do you drown a hipster??

........In the Mainstream

Anyone know the insider info on the iron and inductor? 

As far as thier prices, they seem to be in keeping with what one would expect for that level of clone.

They may as well do the entire line and keep the really obscure ones like the stereo panner out of the catalogues - only sell them via select word of mouth leaks - underneath a dark bridge after midnight - once every 3 years - to spare the uber hipster quadrant the agony of seeing them out there for all the masses, sitting in a Musician's Friend catalog alongside the rest of the pack.  :eek:

Several years back they got a bit flowery in their descriptions of what went into investigating and recreating the iron.  Sometimes that's press misinterpretation.  I know I've never once had the press quote me accurately.  I suppose the important part is all the claims that they match in sound better than what anyone else has done.  I can't say.  Mastering guy Dave Collins, quoted in my signature, was one of the partners several years ago.  I think he's recently a member here. 

Recall if there was any considerations towards the 1st gen with Peerless input and interstage vs later Triad?  That never seems to be discussed among the Pultec fans and I've assumed the differences must have been too subtle, at least for most (of the very few who happen to own both versions!  ;D ) 

It was all flowers, chemistry, and metalurgy, without addressing any specifics.  Given the cost of having the print owners make new runs of vintage iron, I wouldn't tell anyone any details either.  The last thing you want to do as a salesman is have the end user question Peerless versus Triad, they'll never buy anything. 

Latest posts

Back