Trade - Electronics Work For Product?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recording Engineer

I have a late-70's/early-80's 24-Ch. AudioArts console that I LOVE the preamps on... They have this dry and punchy sound to them that is unlike anything else I've ever owned. The rest of the console I could careless about. The preamp is the most basic, consisting of an input transformer, a 5532, and a few caps/resistors. I assume it's mostly the transformer that I'm in love with!

I'm considering pulling the transformers and finding someone who may be interested enough to reverse-engineer the very-simple preamp circuit and build (3) 8-Ch. preamps with power supply and with, phantom, phase, and pad on each-channel, in exchange for (1). I would purchase all the parts needed of course.

Then I'd just sell the console as a line-level console (with the option to add their own transformers, should they want preamps), as the line input doesn't use the transformer). Heck, I'd even give you the console, should you want it. Comes with it's own rolling-flight-case too!

Know of anyone who might be interested in such a thing?

Back