Brexit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting Tubetec,  What were the Bank thinking of?

Looks like a hard border might keep these thugs out!

DaveP

In light of previous history , what an extremely dangerous thing of the bank to do , I think somebody needs to resign over it , now a question of the legality of hiring people ,technically from outside the state to handle evictions has cropped up . the government are dithering on it , instead of giving the people a cast iron guarantee this wont happen again . All their doing is driving the most marginalised people into the hands of the extremists.

The border ,the way it is facillitates a huge amount of nerafious behaviour , Humman trafficing ,guns, drugs, booze, tobacco and diesel smuggling , it probably costs both jurisdictions billions every year. But you have to remember  many in the border areas probably make a crust from playing border fox , a nipping up or down with cargo of some sort . A sudden change in the status along the border could wreak havok and end up with families going hungry . The logistics of trying to secure the border are under survey by the Irish Army ,but its a nighmare over 300km's through bandit country where all kinds of cow tracks cross farmland and fields  that straddle the border , to police the whole thing both from north and south will consume a huge amount of resources ,and as far as I can see these resources would be better deployed at ports and points of entry to the island of Ireland ,instead of some imaginary line in the sand or mud in this case .

The Uk as a whole voted to 'leave' the EU, but Northern Ireland had a strong majority 'remain' in their public vote , its it the will of the majority of Uk citizens that decides northern Irelands future? ,having said that if a vote to give northern Ireland back to the Irish was given to all UK citizens along side another more truthfull Brexit pole ,how would that come out . Even if the Uk decided to 'give back' the six counties , first of all the burden on the Irish state would probably be the straw to break the camels back ,second hundreds of thousands of people of a unionist perspective would be extremely angry and ready to take up arms .

As I said there are powerfull forces on both sides of this equation who stand to loose or gain billions on the flip of a brexit coin ,theres all kinds of crossconected conflicts of interest going on in Northern Politics and thats why they cant sort it out .
The republican movement for instance , aspouses a 32 county Ireland , but they'd be giving up the goose that layed the golden egg if the border actually  dissppeared, all of a sudden they would be down billions of euros , On the other hand big political power and money in the Uk ,lets call them  the 'hard Brexiteers' want the check points and road blocks and men with guns  put back in place The republic of Ireland has relinquished its constitutional claim over the six counties, we dont get a vote here on anything that concerns the north ,yet somehow when the UK as a whole votes Brexit , the democratic will of the people of the north  gets swept aside due to a powerplay between the Tories and  the DUP .

This story isnt going away yet ,

you could say its growing arms and legs by the minute  ,

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/garda-seize-500k-in-counterfeit-parts-37638080.html

who are the IPBPA anyway ?

As you can see from the other  headlines above very serious political cracks are appearing here , with the Taoiseach drifting further and further away and showing little or no understanding of the  realities of rural life in Ireland . Its seems like a major crackdown on the border counties is underway  , and 'Uk Troops on standby over no deal Brexit' is the latest headlines, . someone just turned up the heat another notch ,  :(

cyrano said:
Counterfeit car parts?

When did we get to "protect" bullbars as intellectual property?

Maybe they were being passed off as genuine???

My wife bought me a set of nice headphones from a big music retailer a few years ago and, after I looked at them for a couple of seconds, I spotted they were fakes..... Crazy...... I'm not sure what happened....Maybe an employee scam or something but, it was disturbing.....

cyrano said:
Counterfeit car parts?
When did we get to "protect" bullbars as intellectual property?
I don't know if it is protected by intellectual property but for sure it is a big deal with (safety) approval (like with fake spare parts).

According to today's paper there was a stormy cabinet meeting yesterday to decide whether or not to trigger the no deal contingency plans. The choice was do nothing, implement on a case by case basis or do the lot. In the event they decided to do the lot. Teresa May is turning out to be a master of brinkmanship. After surviving a party vote of no confidence. Corbyn has now backed down from calling a parliamentary vote of no confidence and thereby possibly triggering  a general election. Ministers have been told to drop other plans and concentrate on no deal plans. Civil servants have been advised they may have to work over the Christmas period. Voting on May's deal has been postponed until mid January. It looks like the prospect of no deal has frightened the proverbial out of many Tory MPs who are threatening to vote against May if a no confidence vote is called.

This one is definitely going to the wire. May has made it a stark choice - her deal or no deal/general election.

Cheers

Ian

I guess there is some clarity now , but does no deal = trade war ? what does 'no deal' brexit actually mean ? I guess now that theres some direction its better but ,Looks like things at the Irish border are going back to the old days with the Irish and British army upping patrols and check points  in the area .

It transpires KBC bank sold the loan in the reposession case in Roscommon  to a US vulture fund ,who then hired ex unionist paramilitaries  from the north to go to the south and put a family out of their house . Looks alot like an 'Agent Provocateur' manuvre designed to stir up trouble here , and its certainly worked , looks to me like big American money is playing by slight of hand into politics in Ireland ,nothing new there then  :mad:  Drive a deeper wedge between the UK and the EU by using Ireland ,the blond psycho would love a plan like that ,he must be rubbing hands with glee in the war room right now ,

I must find out more about the Vulture fund involved in this case , although it will of course be well protected by teams of lawyers.
At least once the name of this entity comes out ,investors and venture vultures might realise what their money is really being used for in 'over seas property aqqusition' . 

Attachments

• lunatic.jpg
    lunatic.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
[silent:arts] said:
I don't know if it is protected by intellectual property but for sure it is a big deal with (safety) approval (like with fake spare parts).

I've been around the car market for over ten years. It's literally flooded with 3rd party parts, most of which do not undergo safety testing, probably as they are straight copies of the original.

Recently, brands like Peugeot and Renault have been dragged into court for using software to define how expensive parts can be. These two started doing that only fairly recently, following the example of German brands. The software calculates a maximum price based on availability of 3rd party spare parts.

There was an example of braking pads, not made by the car manufacturers, where the OEM was offering the exact same part at 20% of the brand's prices.

Of course, this example is in violation of EU anti-monopoly laws. Nothing to do with intellectual property.

And I really don't see where IP comes along as we are talking about bull-bars, or safety, when it comes to rear lights.

Over here, these things get checked on a yearly basis, once a car is four years old. And improper parts will get noticed. A spare parts shop wouldn't be in business if they sold faulty parts.

Smells like someone needed a reason to stir things up...

With the UK teetering on the brink of catastrophe, the leader of the opposition calls the Prime Minister a stupid woman, we all read his lips.

He is such a little shite he could not own it,  He would lose all his PC street cred, so he denies he said it and looks like a weasel instead.  What is it with them?

Disgusted

DaveP

DaveP said:
With the UK teetering on the brink of catastrophe, the leader of the opposition calls the Prime Minister a stupid woman, we all read his lips.

He is such a little sh*te he could not own it,  He would lose all his PC street cred, so he denies he said it and looks like a weasel instead.  What is it with them?

Disgusted

DaveP
Typical small ball.... keep focus on big picture.

JR

cyrano said:
And I really don't see where IP comes along as we are talking about bull-bars,
You could design a bull-bar, register the model, and sue anyone that would copy it with intent to market it. You don't have to prove that it's new, or better. That's how Gibson managed to end up the flood of Les Paul copies in the 70's; the only way they (and their lawiers) found was to sue for infringement on the headstock design.

or safety, when it comes to rear lights.
I believe you know the actual composition of the plastic used for car lights is an element of certification. Some plastics become very sharp in case of breakage and may pose a danger to pedestrians.

Owww... KBC

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I recently came upon some criminals looking for mules. You know, where they use your bank account to transfer money from scams. While in the past, the mule could get 10% or even 20% of the money transferred, it went up to 50%. Probably because recently about a dozen of these setups got rolled up by police.

The scammers wanted a KBC account. No other bank would do. I think that's because you can open as many accounts as you 'd like, online, with KBC. And the ATM card the mule gave them, allows to start a number of online banking accounts, all linked to that one card. So the mule gets nothing, cause he gave the card to the criminals. He can't even access these accounts.

No other bank allows that.

abbey road d enfer said:
You could design a bull-bar, register the model, and sue anyone that would copy it with intent to market it. You don't have to prove that it's new, or better. That's how Gibson managed to end up the flood of Les Paul copies in the 70's; the only way they (and their lawiers) found was to sue for infringement on the headstock design.
I believe you know the actual composition of the plastic used for car lights is an element of certification. Some plastics become very sharp in case of breakage and may pose a danger to pedestrians.

All true. Trademark is being used to silence dissident voices a lot.

But I still believe this wasn't an "ordinary" case.

cyrano said:
Owww... KBC

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I recently came upon some criminals looking for mules. You know, where they use your bank account to transfer money from scams. While in the past, the mule could get 10% or even 20% of the money transferred, it went up to 50%. Probably because recently about a dozen of these setups got rolled up by police.
I always thought "mules" were used to carry illegal drugs across national borders, often secreted in their alimentary canal.

I see lots of spam offers for free money (I seem to win  one lottery that I didn't enter every few months  ::) ), but I never heard of anybody actually profiting from such fraud, other than the spammers.. 
The scammers wanted a KBC account. No other bank would do. I think that's because you can open as many accounts as you 'd like, online, with KBC. And the ATM card the mule gave them, allows to start a number of online banking accounts, all linked to that one card. So the mule gets nothing, cause he gave the card to the criminals. He can't even access these accounts.

No other bank allows that.
There are always miscreants working angles that provide opportunities to steal.

If something sounds too good to be true...it is. Hold you hand over your wallet and back away.

JR

Latest posts

Back