Hello from PARIS (France)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgaullier

I am glad to join your group.
I shall introduce myself:

I live in Paris France and I arrived on this earth some years ago, the same year the LP arrived in Europe, demonstrated by André CHARLIN & Miss. Louise DYER from L’OISEAU LYRE.

My childhood is not really interesting for our purpose…

I studied at “école du cinema” in Paris well known at this time under the name of “Vaugirard” from the street where the school was based. I was graduated “sound assistant”.

Just after graduation I was enrolled in a company working for the OSAKA EXPO 70.
At this time, during preparation in 1969, I was in charge to design and manufacture a 4 track/4 channel recorder and reproducer for a XENAKIS show. This was my first challenge. If you remember well at this time 4 track/ 4 channel recorder on ¼” didn’t exist. The acclaimed TEAC 3340 only appeared in 1972. If you want more info you can have a look at:

Enregistreur IdF 4X4

OSAKA EXPO 70 took place in Japan.
This was my first stay in Japan and I had the advantage to stay a great part of year 1970 in Japan.
After that first professional experience, I stay in audiovisual business, designing and manufacturing player/reproducer for audiovisual and in parallel, I acted as sound engineer in recording and mixing business.

In 1980 audiovisual was overwhelmed by video… and I had to learn video !
Since 1984 our company turned to video and audio post production.
We propose several editing and video mixing suite equipped with top of the range product : Sony BVH 2000 1”C type video recorder and GRASS VALLEY 300 3B 3 ME video mixer, CENTRAL DYNAMIC video mixer and so on.

On the audio side we had 3 post production studios equipped with SONY MXP 3036 audio mixer, MCI JH 24, MCI JH 110, SONY APR 5003, and other analog audio gear.

Halas around 90 the audio business turned to digital and we had to follow our customer choice !

We “refurbished” our studios in digital. First with awful Sony equipment : the digital recorder 3324. Cost a lot and work minimum. We had 2 recorders and we can’t exchange tape between the machines.
This was a mistake and the worse equipment I had acquired during all my life !

Then I choose FAIRLIGHT… and finally, once again in order to follow customer choice, we installed Protools system… and then Protools became AVID.

That’s it !

So, I spent finally all my life in audio and audiovisual business.
Web site : Site GBAudiovision

Welcome to GroupDIY - it seems to be quite a career in audio you've gone through there!

(and agree on the 3324 being one of the most horrible investments a studio could do in the early 90'es - closely followed by the Mitsubishi X850)

/Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back