Experience of orders in "Audio Maintenance Limited"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korneev

Good day! Had somebody experience of ordering and receiving items from the "Audio Maintenance Limited" and how quickly?
On July 7 I have ordered and paid for AML-17-020 - ez1073 "PCB" kit 2 £365.00 £730.00 - (1U version) mono channel Option - Build: Kit of 2 parts for DIY assembly, but never received anything until now.
At first there was a problem with delivery of Fedex which returned sending for the unclear reason which was called as "oversized", I asked to send items with other delivery service which guarantee delivers to Russia, but didn't receive any answer.

I wouldn't worry about AML - they are definitely genuine.

But Russia is getting really hard to ship to lately - something is changing - I've had returned packages also. 

Are you registered and authorized as an importer?

Jakob E.

I thank for a response! I do not understand why to be registered how the importer if I order as privat?
With delivery to Russia there are no problems, during this time I received already two parcels from China.
Most of all to me it is unclear why throughout all correspondence with Colin Adshead, answers to my questions take 5-7 days? An impression is made that he specially tries to tighten time.

All the problems I have sending parcels from the UK are to do with addresses and customs clearance. If Colin ships parcels with tracking - and I am sure he does - pretty much everything you need to know will be in the tracking information.

The only problem with tracking information is that the original courier often hands off to a third party, or the local postal service, to deliver within the destination country. Once the package has been handed off in this way there is often a substantial delay before tracking info is updated

Time to get through customs seems to vary from a couple of days to a few weeks

Nick Froome

I always have good experiences with AML, shipping to France, Slovenia and Croatia was always fast and like others said, shipping time depends on custom clearance.
Even big order with Amek Mozart parts went well, got good help regarding questions too.

Remember also that it has been holiday time in the UK. I suspect that AML are small and there may not be people to cover holidays.

I know from experience that it can be hard to catch up with messages and post after even a week off.

Cheers
Stewart

I have ordered parts from AML and Colin has been great to work with.

I own an automated lighting parts business, and we no longer ship to Russia due to problems with every shipment.

Perhaps China has a better relationship with Russia than the US or Britain? At least it's on the same continent.

Thank You all for Your answers, I now have hope for a good end. But I still do not understand the silence Colin about re-sending the order. I asked him to choose a different delivery service, but 10 days has no information. Regarding the delivery of the order from China, I was somewhat surprised - I received it within 8 days after sending:
The shipment by EMS from China
EA152257543CN
Russian Post
Delivery in Russia
07 Sep 2016, 03:44 130980 Moscow
Released custom
05 Sep 2016, 22:49 130980 Moscow
Welcome to the customs
05 Sep 2016, 22:48 130980 Moscow
Passed registration
05 September, 2016, 13:43 130980 Moscow
Arrived on the territory of Russia
04 Sep 2016, 17:18 104007, Moskva
The China Post
Crossed the border of China
02 September, 2016, 02:49 China
Taken in office
01 September 2016, 19:49 China
Departure EMS3 kg 90 g
To: M. Korneev

korneev said:
Thank You all for Your answers, I now have hope for a good end. But I still do not understand the silence Colin about re-sending the order. I asked him to choose a different delivery service, but 10 days has no information. Regarding the delivery of the order from China, I was somewhat surprised - I received it within 8 days after sending:

I do some shipping now and then, and I have to agree, Russia is not en easy-to-deal-with destination from my perspective - I am located in Denmark.

Remember, there are different variables at play with your shipment from Colin and the shipment from China. Colin could reply "well, I dont understand, because when I ship something to Germany, it only takes 2 days, and they dont return the parcels with some odd reason".

Colin/AML is great, so even if the situation is annoying, you can rest assured that this is a logistics problem, and you are getting the best, possible service.

Gustav

Yeah Colin gets stuff to me wayyyyh over here pretty fast. You should see what its like ordering stuff from Russia! It can take anywhere from a week to three months! I had found out that later it had sat in Russian customs nearly that whole time.

Please understand me correctly, but we are not talking about delivery delays or problems at customs and other transport problems. We are talking here about:
1. Colin still didn't answer, already sent my order or not.
2. My question- "what's going on with my order" has no answer for 10 days.
It annoys me not the lack of goods as the lack of information, the silence in response to my questions about it.

Some possibilities to consider:

Colin is away on vacation
Colin is sick
Your email has gone into Colin's junk folder
Colin's email has gone into your junk folder

korneev said:
It annoys me not the lack of goods as the lack of information, the silence in response to my questions about it.

Chill.. I am sure Colin will respond ASAP,  and if there is a problem he will refund you.
Its probably stuck in customs....that can take time, and if you do not have an import licence,more time, expect a customs bill !
Patience is a virtue.

korneev said:
Please understand me correctly, but we are not talking about delivery delays or problems at customs and other transport problems. We are talking here about:
1. Colin still didn't answer, already sent my order or not.
2. My question- "what's going on with my order" has no answer for 10 days.
No-one here can answer to that - only Colin can. And this forum is not the most expedient way to contact him

Nick Froome

Hi

Don't underestimate the embargo (in both way...) between EU/UK and Russia since Ukraine conflict.
IIRC it's mainly for food, but there is chance other product are affected too, also considering  zeal customer in this context...

Best
Zam

Latest posts

Back