MXL 770 or AT2020.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aesrockit

First and foremost, I am new to home studio recording and acquiring components... I have no knowledge of the industry standards nor am I willing to invest money on top-tier microphones.

I recently spent some time doing research, concerning condenser microphones that would suit my needs; home music recording (vocals only!!!) and the occasional podcast and voice over. during my well rounded research, I have stumbled upon two microphones that I really am attracted to aesthetically, and seeing that I never tested either microphones (MXL 770 and Audio-Technica AT2020), I would really like some help!

My question is as simple as follows; would either microphones deliver a decent quality sound? Are they similar in terms of performance? And since my room/studio is not treated, which of the mics pick more noise levels?

NOTE: I own a Focusrite Scarlett Solo.

Thank you for your answer!

Well, if that would increase the quality of the MXL770 to achieve a better performance than that of the AT2020, then certainly! If it'll be fairly any difference then I would not want to indulge myself into that.

Latest posts

Back