Vu Meter driver

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi,
I have bought a vu meter driver and I'm a bit confused with it.
I had thought that I would be able to feed an AC signal in but this doesn't seem to work?
I will trace signal and see how far it's getting.
It's a cheap one off eBay but I might build my own if this doesn't work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Meter-Driver-Board-Audio-Level-Power-Amplifier-Board-for-TA7318P-DENON-AC9-20-/181909481403?var=&hash=item2a5aa667bb:m:mZOTomcaXkkhzQlebsqpgEA

and I've attached the schematic

im gonna need a bit more help here to understand how this should work from this schematic!!
i can see that the voltage pins 4 and 8 are correct but what and where should be feeding pins 3 and 5?

Done a crap mod, but two equal resistors, in series across the VCC GND  and the middle goes to  pin 3 and 5, its a pseudoground, a little cap say 0.1uF between my wonderful pseudo ground and real ground might be needed. Dont think I've forgoten anything obvious. edit, don't forget that their cct maybe drawn INcorrectly, check the volts wrt the real ground and pin 3 and 5

I read that the initial power up would deflect the needle and give it a thump, that's the only reason why, if it doesn't do this that's fine.
Where would be the best place to put it then within an API-312 or Neve 1290 preamp?

That schematic has SO many problems, I think they were kidding you.

And so many that I don't want to start re-designing a cheap bit of junk kit which cost less than a piece of my brain.

Is a bi-polar +/- supply available?

Latest posts

Back