U47 Short body types - WTB?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordward

Hi all,

I've got some left over parts and I'm trying to make my son a cheap mic for his blogcast/youtube videos.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get either a cheap U47 short body or any other body where the D-47 FET PCB from Vintage Microphone PCBs would fit?  I'm trying to make this mic simply because I have the PCB, a cheaper BV8 type transformer and a K-47 capsule left over so I'm practically half way there :)

Thanks!
DW

FET47 do not use BV8 transformer Just So you know , they use Higher ratio transformer

Spencerleehorton said:
I am making some U47/U67 style bodies which might be of interest?

They look fantastic :)  I'm definitely interested but for other reasons.  What I need for my son is a really cheap solution.  Like a donor mic where this D47FET PCB would fit.  A defect old mic would be perfect but I don't know of any where this PCB would fit.

What's your budget first of all?
I'm sure I could knock you up something cheap, I have some spare copper around.
U47 bodies I have 5 of and 3 other slightly smaller bodies.
60mm diameter as per original and the other 3 are 58mm diameter.
I can do the rails and the shock mount plate.
Looking for about £200 each.

Spencerleehorton said:
something like this should work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SE-Electronics-SE2000-Condensor-Microphone-/371940516031?hash=item569961e0bf:g:ydYAAOSwT-FZDGug

gutt it and put your stuff in!!

Cheers, that's what I'm looking for :)  Price is about what I was ready to pay.  If you can knock something up for this price I'd be willing to go with that as well. When my son is older and really into it I'll have no problem investing a bit more for him.  On another note, how much would you charge for a nice long body?

Latest posts

Back