CMV 563 PCB?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trail

Hi, I'm pretty new to the world of modding and building equipment, so my apologies if this is all completely wrong or anything.
I'm very interested in trying out a mic build! I'd love to build a CMV 563 type clone, but the capsule swapping function isn't needed. Is there a compatible PCB out there that'd fit that criteria? From my understanding, the 563 with the M7 sounds similar but not quite like a U47, and I like the samples I've heard. Would it be possible to just mod one of the d47 kits from vintagemicrophonepcbkit to be closer to the CMV, or am I barking up the wrong tree? I've seen that there are schematics available from AMI/TabFunkenwerk, but I think creating my own circuit from that is probably out of my scope for now. From my searches, I can't really find anyone offering a CMV kit the same way that u47 and u87 kits are offered. I guess for me ideally, there'd be a CMV PCB out there that can fit one of the many '47 type bodies easily.
Sorry if this doesn't make any sense and thank you again!

Latest posts

Back