D-87 wind, wind noise.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloubass

Hi, i build new D-87 (the second). I build this model with a peluso capsule. I have a little problem.
Firstly i'd a big wind noise, i have cleaned all the circuit and reverse the capsule face connection.
Now, the cardioid position work fine, but i have the wind in omni and 8 position. i have sound but the wind to. :-[ :-[
Does anyone have a way to solve this problem please?
Thank
Marc

Could be the presence of moisture in the capsule ,put it somewhere warm for the day and try it again .A cold microphone used for vocals can also be problematic as condensation can cause disturbances in the insulation resistance of the capsule.Tube mics tend to run warm to the touch so its almost never an issue with them .

You don't need to clean it ,you just need to put it in a warm place for a while and the moisture in behind the membrane will dissappear, the airing cupboard or hot press is perfect for this .

Tubetec said:
You don't need to clean it ,you just need to put it in a warm place for a while and the moisture in behind the membrane will dissappear, the airing cupboard or hot press is perfect for this .
Just wondering if anyone has tried  putting a capsule in a sealed jar for a couple days with a handful of "Do Not Eats", those little silica gel desiccant packages? Do Not Eats can be rejuvenated (dried) at 250F for a couple hours in the kitchen oven for reuse.

For that matter, maybe condenser mics could be stored in sealed jars with Do Not Eats, all fresh, dry and ready for use. Just thinking out loud.

Gene

Hi guys,  i just put the mic, in a warm area and all noise gone, work perfectly, thank you so much.

Back