Transformers "color" box wiring check

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

All,

Need your advice.

I want to have two different types of 1:1 isolation transformers. Was thinking it would be interesting to wire them up with the most flexibility. In series (with differing orders) or alone, with differing secondary impedances. Including a bypass and a polarity switch. Schem is attached here.

What do you think? Do I have this wired up properly?

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• xfmr_series_parallel.pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 49
i built a box like this with 4 transformers per channel with individual bypass and order switchable.

They are highly interactive in a very interesting way. All wired 1:1 to 1:1 without issues

I also installed a couple of rotary switches to modify caps and resistors values (zobel network) right at output connectors

It works like a charm!

I built mine using relays, totally recommended:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/275593012/stereo-insert-switcher-for-mastering-two

Fixed the diagram. I forgot a bridge from one set of poles to connect the output of xfmr B to the output (position 2).

Any thoughts on grounding? I was going to run from the input a shielded cable with the conductors to a ground lift SPST switch and then carry the shield on to the shielded cable towards the output.

Attachments

• trans_alone_series.pdf
    116.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back