shipping heavy stuff over seas.. Kazakhstan heh

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

ok soo...

does any one have any advice on how to go about getting a rate to transport a desk by boat from the US to Kazakhstan? Ive never dealt with freight going over seas before... I imagine theres alot to consider...

...Kazakhstan has a small coastline on the Aral sea I think, but I don;t know how landlocked it is apart from that... or of the Aral see is in fact even connected to the ocean.

That would make it difficult to get it there without resorting to the "Camel & Kalashnikov" option... :shock:

Keef

It's gonna cost you a lot. Because Kazakhstan does not have a port on the ocean. And damn it's far! I am dealing with freight myself at the moment. My whole studio from NYC to NewZealand! (minus the Mackie)

Huh Scenaria,

Can you back off the deal? Or let them take care of it? Its gonna go ground through some parts of Russia. Not much fun, I am telling ya. Make sure you take pics before shipping, and insure the thing. Lotsa theft is going on there.

I think the way im going to handle this one is....

I will have it crated on my end and prep it for pickup.. but leave the logisitcs to the buyer... let them coordinate a rfeight carrier to pick it up... at which point I could wipe my hands free of it.... if they wont do that then im not going to deal with it...

seems like it couldnt be going to a worse place on the face of this planet :\

now I understand why she keeps mentioning they would rather go by air than boat... I keep telling her that air would be VERY expensive...

[quote author="Scenaria"]

now I understand why she keeps mentioning they would rather go by air than boat... I keep telling her that air would be VERY expensive...[/quote]

I wouldn't ship it any way but air!! If it goes by land in any way shape or form through Russia, watch out! As someone else mentioned, there's a lot of theft that goes in Russia with the Russian Mafia. They have quite a bit of power. I have a Russian friend who said the stuff they get away with is crazy. At the same time, I can't imagine why they'd want to steal a big board that they'd have a really hard time selling and moving around. So who knows. I still wouldn't ship it ground...

At least it's not going to Chechnya! :shock:

Latest posts

Back