RIP Neil Peart

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP

JR

PS: I never saw them live, but managed to visit backstage for one sound check back in the 80s when they played Hartford, CT. The band used some Loft (Phoenix Audio Lab) gear I designed back then. As I recall when they pushed it to finale sound levels it was quite loud, in the empty auditorium.

12191267_521829731305318_6561514349388827243_o.jpg

My brother told me he liked riding motorcycles from one gig to the next if there was time.  He was the poet in the band.  He admired Keith Moon for his style and had that quality of freedom with fills but had precision in the execution.  A very unique person and musician/artist.  RIP!

JohnRoberts said:
RIP

JR

PS: I never saw them live, but managed to visit backstage for one sound check back in the 80s when they played Hartford, CT. The band used some Loft (Phoenix Audio Lab) gear I designed back then. As I recall when they pushed it to finale sound levels it was quite loud, in the empty auditorium.

Wow, I saw March 27, 1983 right before that, JR.  One of my first big arena shows. 

fazer said:
My brother told me he liked riding motorcycles from one gig to the next if there was time.  He was the poet in the band.  He admired Keith Moon for his style and had that quality of freedom with fills but had precision in the execution.  A very unique person and musician/artist.  RIP!

he did. The song roll the bones is about that, how he had an accident on the bike. they were not sure if he would ever play drums again,  we all know how that turned out.  He was one of a kind, he composed his drum parts. every time I saw them, the parts were exactly the same,  but always the right part at that moment.

Back