Is it too late for music?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a Young Person, I find that the prevailing opinion amongst other Young People (at least in the circles I run in) regarding AI art, music, etc. seems to largely be one of utter disdain. I, having looked at the results and the means used to achieve them, am inclined to agree.
What people tend to gravitate towards IMO is really the authenticity of a piece of art, rather than necessarily the "quality". People basically want to relate to other people. If somebody sees a piece of art and knows that it is the result of a real person feeling the same thing as they did, enough to put effort into expressing it, no matter how crudely, then it is going to stick with them far more than seeing something that is visually or sonically flashy, but ultimately unrelatable.
(As an aside, I think this is the root of the issues a lot of people have with a lot of "modern art" — you see an artwork and assume that there was very little effort involved in creating it, and as such, that the ideas expressed by it mean very little to the artist. In other words: "if you can't be bothered writing/painting/etc. something that supposedly means so much, why should I be bothered reading it?")

Latest posts

Back