pucho812

Mail in vote not valid....
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
A friend voted in the primaries in Jersey. Due to covid was forced to mail in vote.  Gets a letter in the mail saying their vote was invalid due to a signature mismatch between when they originally registered to vote and the signature on the mail in vote...
What kind b.s. are they trying to pull here?
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

hodad

Re: Mail in vote not valid....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
A friend voted in the primaries in Jersey. Due to covid was forced to mail in vote.  Gets a letter in the mail saying their vote was invalid due to a signature mismatch between when they originally registered to vote and the signature on the mail in vote...
What kind b.s. are they trying to pull here?
Actually pretty common problem.  There was an issue with this a metro Atlanta county last election cycle.  The county was being extremely tough on signature matching & rejecting a large portion of absentee ballots.  Maybe the NJ county is being similarly persnickety (and possibly but not necessarily partisan), maybe your friend has changed his signature. 

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
  maybe your friend has changed his signature.

Or party affiliation?
Note to self:  Don't let c**ts wind you up

EmRR

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »
For example, I had that happen on a mortgage.  Something like 30 signatures that a lawyer witnessed and notarized, the bank rejected 3 as 'not matching'.   
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

pucho812

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 01:41:40 AM »
maybe your friend has changed his signature.

NO I don't think she has.  We had similar instances out here with getting a recall on the ballot. the state rejected signatures for not matching as well as for things like putting ca in the address line vs California.  if this is the norm it's going to be tough.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 11:14:06 AM »
NO I don't think she has.  We had similar instances out here with getting a recall on the ballot. the state rejected signatures for not matching as well as for things like putting ca in the address line vs California.  if this is the norm it's going to be tough.
If I signed my name three times in a row it would be hard to get two to match. Over several decades I have used up all my neat signatures.

===

NJ (where I was born) already has a reputation for voter fraud.

https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/2020/06/voting-fraud-charges-filed-against-paterson-councilman-and-councilman-elect.html

I hear something like 20% of ballots were rejected.

JR

PS: I wouldn't mind internet enabled voting as long as we have rock solid identification (photo, fingerprint, IP logging, ). If fraud is discovered, they lose their right to vote in the future, fines, and worse.
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

scott2000

pucho812

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 02:20:13 AM »
They need to fix the glitch 🤣😂