Youtube change

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I visited Youtube yesterday and was presented with a page asking me first to sign in , then another to agree to targeted adverts  before I could proceed ,
Does anyone else see this ?

not here neither but the look changed a few days ago. used to have white background now is black.

and about a month ago they started pushing advertisements as if the world will end because of corona... two in a row and more often.

not here neither but the look changed a few days ago. used to have white background now is black.

and about a month ago they started pushing advertisements as if the world will end because of corona... two in a row and more often.

Pretty much campaign ads here atm... 

I just checked Google maps and its the same , agree to marketing or stay away .

Ugggh ,campaign adds,  sounds painful to watch .

No problem with youtube or google maps. Lots of ads on youtube - sometimes the skip ad box comes up, sometimes I just have to wait through them. I just listen to music on youtube - if I pause in the middle of a song for some time I have to go through ads again to continue. But there's no free lunch - you pay one way or another.

Ive been using a script to mute youtube adds all along , it kills video and audio during add breaks then auto presses the skip button when it becomes available , there is a few seconds of a gap between songs ,but thats far more preferable than mood spoiling adds.

Free lunch ,maybe not , but still doesnt mean you have to sit through the adds  :)

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9165-auto-close-youtube-ads

Attachments

• Alex droog.jpg
    Alex droog.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back