Has anyone heard from chunger?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resilient

Hi everyone,

I placed an order about 2 weeks ago.  Haven't heard anything.  Tried emailing him, too, to no avail.  Is he ok?  Is this a normal lead time for him?

Brandon

Quite normal... Up to around a month is normal in my experience.

I’m personally more worried about Ben at Beesneez at the moment. Haven’t seen him anywhere and he even missed his annual end-of-year sale.

yeah ben. has not been 'round here for some time and his reverb.com listings are 'suspended'.  still listing on th e 'bay though

Recording Engineer said:
Quite normal... Up to around a month is normal in my experience.

I’m personally more worried about Ben at Beesneez at the moment. Haven’t seen him anywhere and he even missed his annual end-of-year sale.

Good to know on chunger!  Thanks!  Hopefully Ben shows up soon, too.

Brandon

Chunger takes a while to respond and fill orders. He will occasionally miss an email or two as well. He's prety reliable for getting things out; just not out quickly.

There was a thread where a member or two ripped into Ben pretty bad for giving an opinion. I haven't seen him post here since then. I was assuming they skipped the end of year sale because business has been good during COVID. Ben and Veronica went through some very rough times and still sent orders out so unless someone orders from them and gets ghosted, I'm not worried.

What I find a bit strange, is that he states the he can't get the 'good' SYT-5 bodies for more than a year.
But I know that a short time ago a company ordered SYT-5 bodies from the same company and they got them within a couple of weeks. So what could be the problem? No time?

RuudNL said:
But I know that a short time ago a company ordered SYT-5 bodies from the same company and they got them within a couple of weeks.
Which company was that?

Meh... I will not complain or criticize him, and I don't think anyone else should, either.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't do this fulltime, and I am grateful for the resource that he is.

Brandon

Latest posts

Back