Life is hard being a WANNABE!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

This is a cheap way to get my post count up.

I'm just not as cool with all my pals, and especially my girl...

I haven't been able to get any since I've acquired this embarrassing title of "wannabe"

boo hoo hooooooo. :oops:

I can honestly say that I've never been a wannabe. I must really be cool! :roll:

At least your not putting Maryann Faithful hurdy gurdy samples on your tracks!
What were those "has-beens" thinking!

I am a "never was" so don't feel bad.

They keep asking me at work, "How come you never sold out, CJ?"
Because I can't! I'm not good enough!

:guinness:

I don't knoe Bluebird, two tours, a bunch of new equipment, don't sell yourself short, my friend!

Is that your girl on background vocs on DC?

:sam:

[quote author="bluebird"] boo hoo hooooooo. :oops:[/quote]
yes indeed
and I too, can attempt to get my count up.

Life can be hard down here amongst us bottom feeders :green: :cool:

Hey,

Save the jokes for the drummers...

Whaddya call a tone deaf musician?
THE DRUMMER! (Ba-dum-pishhhh~)

How do you know when a drummer is knocking on your door?
The knock speeds up! (Ba-dum-pishhh~)
:green:

the pigeon hole category is small and cosy :roll: , unlike some cast system of a society you get to graduate from a newbie into a wannabe! :shock: ho ho ho......merry wannabe.......

sh*t.......got so many posts to catch up, should of broken each sentence to a post each. Oh well, I'll try to remember that next time........1 word, 1 post.....got it.

Can I change mine to Ohbe CanNoBe? :shock:

[quote author="buttachunk"]how many posts do you need to be an apprentice ?[/quote]
who cares ... don't worry about it

How do you know the drum stool is level ?
The drummer dribbles from BOTH sides of their mouth.

Why does a drummer leave their drum sticks on the dashboard of the car ?
So they can park in the disabled driver spots too.

Why do bands still have drummers when a machine can do it better ?
So the Bass Player has someone to pick on.

:shock:

hey !!!

I just noticed the happy happy DIY !!!

:green: :green:
... see it's easy to put a smile back on my face

thankyou to ... well you. :cool:

How about if you manage to post more than 200 in 3 weeks you get the title "no life" JK, had to think of something to say to get my count up.

[quote author="Zee1usa"]Don't feel bad cause "GM" title is newbie also.

:wink:[/quote]

Not anymore, looks like someone gave hime a "special" title (which I personally think was a pretty good idea). :green:

I think the recent post-count-based titles are offensive.

I might see 1-3="Just Arrived" (not "newbie"). Anybody else should be just "Member".

Since the post-count is just as visible as these silly titles, I'd rather just drop the titles.

-edit- Or is it count-based? Somehow my title is unique. Is someone being judgemental?

I foolishly thought they might be fun, but rather than make an issue of it, or have them construed as offensive, they're gone effective now.

phpBB allows you to set both count-based titles as well as custom titles on specific people.

I agree, titles like "Newbie" and "Apprentice" don't really jive well with some of the people that are here. Maybe titles like "New Arrival" and "DIY Lover" would be better.

That being said, can I get the title "Gateway Prospector"? :green: :green: :green:

My thoughts on it are, if this is a new, and seperate site from recording.org, then everybody here is a newbie! That's one of the things I like about this place; it's like a fresh start. Of course, for people who have been doing this for awhile, it's understandable they would like to be recognized for the work they put in, but, the way I see it, there actions speak louder than their rank, meaning, we all know who the top dogs are. Kind of like, unsung heros. Believe me, some of you guys are truly inspiring.

I wish I had the time to spend here, like some, but, unfortunately, I do have a life outside of this. (A way, too busy life!)

This might be one of those things that should be put to a vote, if there are those who still want to do this. Or, some kind of proficiency test; fire walk, light saber duel, feats of strength, etc., :wink: :sam:

Oh crap.

I was just making a joke I didn't mean to get it all weird.

I kept seeing my wannabe status and would chuckle each time, so I decided to make a little joke about it.

I'm really up for anything. I think its fun to have little lables.

Maybe we could use Karate belt colors? "Yea I'm a black belt on the DIY forum"
or chess peices...

The truth of the matter is, I WANNA-BE good at this!!!!

Back