2 pin nuts on SSL preamp - what's the tool called?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the old days when touring desks went out with a rack full of gates and comps and FX, you would have to have been mad not to have the proper tool to take all the knobs off to change a pot.

View attachment 121743
View attachment 121744
I still have tools for the knobs, just not the pot nuts. I still fix that gack, too. Just had 3 DPR-901's in last week. Anyone ever seen a schematic for the first version of that box? I've only seen the MK-II version drawing, which is here on the site.

That looks cool. I can't quite see from the image...does it have a hole for the pot shaft?
Yes, I have the same one.

The only issue is due to it being double sided, if you really need to apply pressure it digs into your palm.

Thanks everyone . To clarify, some people are suggesting tools to get the knobs off, what I was looking for was a tool to get the nut off a pot that was recessed about 5mm into the face plate. It needs to be hollow to allow for the pot shaft and not too thick because there's only a couple of mm clearance in the recess. I've improvised with the needle nose pliers for this job but have a destuffing tool on the way for next time.

Latest posts

Back