24 channel line attenuator ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A coonass AI?
It sounds a little too specific to be a bot, but AI is slowly getting better. Cursing at a forum moderator sadly sounds all too human (and wrong).
======
Last weekend a power outage took out my DSL modem... Now instead of customer service routing you to a human in Bangalore that tells you to unplug the modem, the AI tells you to unplug the modem but now they say to wait 5 minutes and call back, promising you can pick up where you left off. That didn't work the first call back so I hung up and dialed a third time, this time it recognized me, but was still not making any progress. The AI didn't accept my 4 digit pin/passcode after multiple tries.

AI appears to be able to recognize humans angrily yelling it it, and routed me to a human. She recognized my pin number, and we were back to troubleshooting the modem. It took the pleasant young human lady (Nam) 30 minutes to troubleshoot my modem from her end, confirm it was connecting with the switching office, but faulty and arrange for a replacement.

JR

Well I won't bother to report this to a moderator because that bitch is the moderator. Bye.
Indeed not clever to spit into the wind, or tug on superman's cape.

JR

PS The moderators here are pretty generous about not deleting accounts without warning, but bad behavior will not be tolerated repeatedly.

"Electrons are just wind there is no electrons."

Blimey, I didn't know that. I'll let the IET know and bring it up at my next engineering meeting.
I guess it explains why:
"one time I went to the university and they couldn't fix an electron microscope"

Alternatively he may have been in the History faculty ?

"Electrons are just wind there is no electrons."

Blimey, I didn't know that. I'll let the IET know and bring it up at my next engineering meeting.
I guess it explains why:
"one time I went to the university and they couldn't fix an electron microscope"

Alternatively he may have been in the History faculty ?
I agree ! Just couldn't resist after a day on the bench in front of a 'scope. Cheers.

Thanks for all the "constructive" replies ! ;)

So for a balanced connection it should look like this ?
I would change the 114 ohm resistor to the more readily obtained 120 ohms. This will give you 19.5dB of attenuation. Is that how much you need?

Cheers

Ian

For what it is worth you possibly want around 12dB of attenuation (+4 dBu to -10dBv) so you could use 4 resistors of say 470 Ohms where two are in the positions sketched as 510 Ohms and the other two in parallel where the 1K14 was shown (thus making it 235 Ohms) which will be close enough.
If all else fails ask your performer (vocalist/instrumentalist to sing or play 1 db quieter) to compensate for attenuator errors or 12.2dB quieter and you can ignore the attenuator.
Any resistors in the range of say 390 to 620 Ohms (as a quad) will get you in the right 'ballpark'
Matt S

In earlier (happier?) days a 10K input impedance would be considered a 'Bridging' input as it was deemed to be acceptable to feed up to 10 'bridging' inputs from a line fed from 600 Ohms. A 1dB loss was thought acceptable.

Latest posts

Back