5 watt SE guitar amp head with sidetone buzzing problem when strings are strummed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as I said, the original problem is solved so far.

Just for the sake of completeness, a few comments from my side, as unlike others I just had the amp in front of me.
but a 4 watt 220R resistor on the B+ between the reservoir cap and Node A is both pointless and an unnecessary source of heat that could harm the PCB, especially if it's mounted directly on the board.
This resistor is not pointless and I strongly advise (for future readers) not to simply remove it. B+ (the heater voltage too) are at the upper limit in this amp.

The additional filtering does no harm and the resistor is not mounted directly on the PCB but approx. 2 cm above it. It is sufficiently dimensioned and therefore does not cause any heat damage to the PCB.

Basically, PSUs can be designed in different ways, the additional B+ filtering has nothing to do with the original (now solved!!) problem.
If I've ruffled some feathers, I apologize. That wasn't my intention.
There's not much left of the points you mentioned in your first post in a rather arrogant manner? :cool: Apology accepted.

You seem to like telling your tech anecdotes, late at night with a glass of wine perhaps? You've come to the right place, so once again a warm welcome.🥳

Well, one of your first posts on this whole forum is telling off the "for funsies" project of a(n arguably) long-time and relatively respected member here.
yes relatively respected, about 27.89% of the members respect me here, but I have more followers than you!:p

Latest posts

Back