5003 eq building and help.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, anyone find the Dented pots?  I have heard talk of a few guys wanting to use 10-12 position switches but I'm not sure those will fit with all the resistors and such.  Maybe they will?

those may work, but they are physically different from the ECO line PeterC designed around. They are the green plastic body pots. The ones from Colin will fit the PCB, but possibly not the metalwork due to differences in bushing size/height. Maybe someone can verify?

Looking at the specs, they should work just fine. Omeg marked the measurements a bit differently on the two drawings on their site and I saw the BU spindle was 10.8mm above the PCB but it's actually 12.5, same as the ECO. So it should work OK, just might have to get a larger washer to take up the slack the metalwork hole.

Bump?????????????

johnnyscotch said:
OK,

I did the best I could on this.

Here's a Mouser cart with the parts that weren't included in Peter's kit. Save the pots:
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=546ee9f29d

Please anyone feel free to make suggestions/alter this if something won't work, it would be much appreciated.

I tried to size the caps to work, some of them may be too big, but it's all they had in stock.

My other question was about the IC. I put TL071 and 5534 on there (assuming they are the correct parts) and some 39pf caps for the option cap. But, what's the difference?? I'm assuming 5534 is better because it's more expensive? I'm probably going to take the TL071 off the list, but just for reference.

Jeff, will the switch caps you stock work for the switch? What about your PCB mounting hardware?

cheers all
Eric

do you need the option cap if you use the opa604.  I am assuming that is the highest performance chip you suggest in there?

Will these work for pots?

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=7514&Category_Code=Pot16

PJ

The part will work, but it is not a PCB mount part, so you would have to attach some flying leads & mount the pot on the front panel.

I would suggest finding the correct PCB mount part, it will make life  much easier.

Dandeurloo:

Not sure about the 604, the 5534 is well known for being unstable in a unity gain configuration. I dont know if the 604 has the same issues or not, but I suspect it would be stable this way.

Regards
Peter

johnnyscotch said:
peterc said:
I would suggest finding the correct PCB mount part, it will make life  much easier.

Any hints as to what that might be??

It's mentioned a few posts up. Also in the order thread. 

Omeg ECO pots, PC mount. 10K linear.

But as mentioned above, you should be able to use the other Omeg type sold by AM.

FWIW, I just remembered that Laura at TAW used to have Omeg "pot kits" for the W492 EQ project. They consisted of 10K lin Eco pots, 6 single gang and 2 dual gangs.  SOOO, if she has any left, you could buy one kit and have enough for 2 channels of 5003 plus 2 dual-gang left over.  Just keep in mind that these will have 4mm shafts as that was what the 492 needed. So you can use 4mm knobs, or you can (easily) drill out 1/8" knobs to 4mm, or use a brass shaft adapter and use 1/4" knobs.

Just got a reply from Laura. They have the Omeg sets in stock at $24 each. This is a set for one channel of the W492 EQ which will do 2 channels of the 5003 plus you'll have 2 dual gang 10K lin pots left over.

are those omegs in the kit center detent pots?

Peter did you ever come up with a part number for the pots you designed around?

so maybe we will need to do some sort of a group buy in order to get the correct pots with a center detent?

I'm still looking and have been calling a bunch of companies just to see if they have anything already.  No luck so far.

Latest posts

Back