60hz hummmm Signal Corps AM-186

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there is some kind of connection goofed somewhere....

You mentioned that you elevated "all" the heaters at some point? How did you do this? Were there any connections that needed to be modified in order to make this happen??

Or maybe as CJ pointed out, the method used to rewind may not have been the best for this setup.....

scott2000 said:
Maybe there is some kind of connection goofed somewhere....

You mentioned that you elevated "all" the heaters at some point? How did you do this? Were there any connections that needed to be modified in order to make this happen??

Or maybe as CJ pointed out, the method used to rewind may not have been the best for this setup.....

When I elevated the heaters, it was just the one winding that heats the amplifier tubes. I disconnected the wire that went from CT to ground and fed 100VDC into that CT.

Trying to visualize.... 

Was the ct  tied to the rest of the chassis'...through the other connectors....???.. that shield at E3 was getting dc??....

Was the ct on the zz tap left floating at the transformer???

Sorry.... if it's obvious what you're saying...

I'm trying to think of other ways to word it... I disconnected the wire on the CT that went to chassis ground and injected the elevation voltage directly to the CT on the transformer. It didn't change anything. Same hum. That CT is now connected back to ground, as it was originally.

I get 105VAC and 94VDC on the PSU chassis if I isolated that chassis from the other chasses and ground.

Latest posts

Back