6L6GC Guitar Amp DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJ said:
this amp used to be a Bugera, they make a real nice cabinet and a great metal chassis but unfortunately everything else inside leaves much to be desired, although the 6L6 tubes sound pretty good, i do not know who makes them.

Nice!

For a spare amp, I've been thinking about getting one of those Bugera amp-heads (V55HD, or the upcoming V22 head), use it right away and change it to P-t-P later.

Anybody seen schematics of that 'INFINIUM feature' (for tube-life multiplying) yet ?  They put that in the newer versions.

Bye

Attachments

• Bugera_V55-Schematic.pdf
    76.2 KB · Views: 18
Sounds pretty good, CJ.  I've been wanting to gut my red knob Champ-12 and build something else in it for a long time...something crunchy, but not hi-gain.  I've got a pile of octals, maybe I'll try something similar.

I started playing Pedal Steel a couple of years back and wanted to make an amp specifically for this purpose. I ended up settling on a higher powered Princeton. It a Princeton Reverb for the preamp to phase inverter. The power section is 2 6L6GCs in an ultralinear fashion. The amp came out amazing. My only issue with it was I had a minor noise issue that would creep in and leave. After some chopsticking, I found the can cap to be the cause of the noise. I didnt wire a ground onto the can because the shell of the can is essentially ground for caps. I didnt want to create a ground loop by having a wire hooked up and also the clamp grounding it. Well, apparently the clamp wasnt enough. Once I hardwired the cap to a good ground point, all the bad noises stopped and now the amp is dead quiet even at extreme volumes. Not sure why the clamp wasnt enough though.. and I never went back to examine why..

Back