80 series 1073 DIY Build Guide

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely beautiful. Well done!
One thing....... And it really doesn't matter. However you went to great lengths to do this.
The BA183/ BA283s that I have encounterd have metal standoffs for the 2N3055 you mentioned Nylon stand offs.
However wouldn't Nylon be "better"???

Attachments

• Neve BA283 card.jpg
    Neve BA283 card.jpg
    945.9 KB · Views: 1
Absolutely beautiful. Well done!
One thing....... And it really doesn't matter. However you went to great lengths to do this.
The BA183/ BA283s that I have encounterd have metal standoffs for the 2N3055 you mentioned Nylon stand offs.
However wouldn't Nylon be "better"???
Hello! Sorry for the late reply

I wasn't sure what they were using in the original Neves but I'm glad to know that now! It shouldn't make a difference as far as I know since the standoff is not touching any trace, just the PCB itself.

Only scenario I could see happening is if an electrolytic capacitor were to leak then it could short on it... So in that case nylon would be better but again if a capacitor leak goes far enough to reach the standoffs it probably shorted somewhere else too lol!

Hello! Sorry for the late reply

I wasn't sure what they were using in the original Neves but I'm glad to know that now! It shouldn't make a difference as far as I know since the standoff is not touching any trace, just the PCB itself.

Only scenario I could see happening is if an electrolytic capacitor were to leak then it could short on it... So in that case nylon would be better but again if a capacitor leak goes far enough to reach the standoffs it probably shorted somewhere else too lol!
I just jack the heatsink away from the pcb with some M4 nuts since I use M4 nuts and bolts anyway.

Last edited:
Hello all! I was assembling another B283 card and noticed a small mistake in the values written in the guide for R10. It is 68k ohm and not 18k. It is now fixed and the new link is functionnal.

Happy building! :)

Little bonus picture of my last unit built :)

Attachments

• IMG_8454.PNG
    IMG_8454.PNG
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
Back