A little job cropped up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIDVOX

I need a choke of between 3&5 h. I bought a cheap little transformer it had two primaries 120v each the combined inductance of these in series was 2.5 h. The reasoning was this if i rewind the tranny as a choke using slightly heavier wire i would get close to the value i needed and also increase the current handling capacity.

So into the playpen. Shortly later the tranny had been fully striped. The wire on the primary was originally 0.2mm i had some 0.25 close to hand this would increase the current capacity. And just at a guess would give me the sort of inductance i need. I ended up with just over 3.6h and just over 80ohms ideal.

My winding techniqu for big stuff is to use the lathe as a winding machine. I never bothered counting the turns (i have a small pulse counter with a magnetic sensor that comes from a knitting machine but this was not a precision job). A few photos of the job as it was being done. Al self evident not as smart as much of thstuuf here. But good fun
IMG_20230831_114329.jpgIMG_20230831_131729.jpgIMG_20230831_140919.jpg

One of the trickiest parts was getting thecco back into the steel holding clamp

View attachment VID_20230831_123921.mp4

Still having problems with the predictve text and cameltext when onthis forum its quite annoying

Latest posts

Back