Access-312 Build Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where are you guys getting your cases from?

the last one I got was so heavy duty, it took me hours to drill the effin holes :D

also the lacquer didn't quite catered for a grounded environment ... ^^

Dan has beautiful cases, check par metal too but you will have to drill your own holes in par metal. maybe check out front panel express to make your own. you can also talk to par metal about having them pre drill all of your holes for you.

can someone explain this?

4- EA-2622: you need a 150K on RC, and 10K at R7-R6

Then why does it say to use 150k on R7 and R6? RRR!
http://twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/userpics/Access-bom.pdf

http://twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/userpics/BOMv2.pdf
it should explain everything i should erase that bom.

Now that I look at the new BOM (thanks for the update) can I leave C8 simply jumped with some wire? Is C8 forming a zobel network? I wish I did not have to spend this extra $15 on shipping and new resistors and more caps.. :( 

you can try whatever you want remember this is DIY.
i dont think you will hate it without zobel network...
Good luck man!

Hi all,

Im just strating to gather parts for building 4 of these and was looking for hole spacing for the three pushbuttons. Trying to get ahead of all the ordering with a fron panel design!

Thanks

Ok, Im having trouble finding a specs for a power transformer. I saw earlier in this thread that antek is a good cheap solution. What model would be best for a 4 unit box. Is a 22volt 35va good? I plan on using ptownkid's PSU kit.

first of all take into consideration the op-amp you will use to proceed.
if your op-amp cant take more than +/- 17V then i suggest you a 18-0-18v rated at 250mA for 4 channels.
hope it helps.

Cool thanks for the info.
I am going to use Scott Liebers red dot opamps and he said they are best at 16v so I went with the Hairballaudio 16-0-16 48v transformer and ptownkids powersupply kit. It should work ok. I hope :)
Anyway I just ordered most of the parts and the boards will be on the way soon!

Cant wait to use them!

Eric

tskguy said:
Hi all,

Im just strating to gather parts for building 4 of these and was looking for hole spacing for the three pushbuttons. Trying to get ahead of all the ordering with a fron panel design!

Thanks

Solder in the c&k toggle switches and get out a ruler, thats what I did :)

I figured I could do that, I was just trying to design my front panal ahead of time so I could get my cnc machine ready for when the case arrives!
Thanks anyway,

Eric

Here you go,
this is my little cutout guide, I use 1cm PCB stand offs so I take that into account when working out how high to drill the holes on the front of my 1 RU panel,

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 85
3nity said:
Buildafriend:
You need to inverse the poles on the switches.
if you wire the toggle the same pattern as the pushbuttons switches will be on at the bottom position.
Thanks.

okay here go's my stab at switch wiring. I am going to wire them with this in mind. I should also jump the top right of the DPDT to the bottom left of the DPDT correct? and wiring is the same for phantom phase and pad?

Tsk let me know how you do w that TX from hairball. I have a couple layin around here and would like to put em to good use. As far as i understand it you have to build a kind of odd PS for em.

Latest posts

Back