Accessing pcb mounted pots to de-oxidise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellr

I have some tape machine pcb mounted pots which are a bit noisy when adjusting, so I want to try and get some DeoxIT on to the pot tracks but I'm not sure how to access the pots to do this. I have attached a couple of images showing the front and rear of the pots.
Can anyone advise where I should be applying the DeoxIT (it's in a small squeeze bottle with a syringe type applicator).
Many thanks

Attachments

• Pots front.JPG
    Pots front.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • Pots rear.JPG
    Pots rear.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
Those are open pots, so a tiny drop, tiny, goes just behind the number, which is where the metal wiper is. Take pics of the positions before exercising the wipers.
Just use a deoxit for faders and pots, the can with green accents. It is made for carbons and plastics. The other kinda treats carbon like dirt and wants to remove it.
Dry electrolytics can also exhibit symptoms like dirty pots.
Mike

Hi Mike. Sorry to clarify but do you mean just behind the number between the white and blue plastic? Or do you mean behind the number at the rear of the pot body where I can see some kind of metal 'wiper' move when I adjust the pot position.
Thanks
Robert

Just a ping to check if Mike read my last post above. I don't want to use the deoxit in the wrong place!

At the metal wiper. And tiny, like it should not drip to the board (where you put a cut piece of paper towel). I use SC or IM syringes to apply, never the spray tube. SC are for diabetics so should be available. I have to get IM from a nurse otherwise I would need a scrip for something IM injectable.
Mike

Latest posts

Back