Adding a DI to my VP-26

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_allison

Want to record bass, direct... if I can skip an external DI, and can just patch in... I'd be thrilled.

Is there and easy hack to add a DI?

Front panel space is tight and behind the faceplate as well with the t-pad. I have had guys omit the t-pad and slap a 1/4" jack in that hole. IMHO, the t-pad is more important though.  ;D

Like Volker said, the VP312DI is a solution and a fun build.

Mike from Whistle Rock was working on a dedicated HiZ Plug-In 500 series module that will be cool and pretty versatile. I am not sure how close to ready he is though.

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
[...]
Mike from Whistle Rock was working on a dedicated HiZ Plug-In 500 series module that will be cool and pretty versatile. I am not sure how close to ready he is though.
[....]

Thanks Jeff! Cool avatar btw ;)

The HZ51X is almost there... damn metal shop is not getting the bracket right :-[ and I keep on rejecting samples.

Cheers,

Mike

mikefatom said:
...The HZ51X is almost there... damn metal shop is not getting the bracket right :-[ and I keep on rejecting samples...
Been there, done that. I feel your pain.  :mad:

Gonna be good when they do get it. Keep on 'em!

Best, Jeff

jsteiger said:
Front panel space is tight and behind the faceplate as well with the t-pad. I have had guys omit the t-pad and slap a 1/4" jack in that hole. IMHO, the t-pad is more important though.

I'm just looking pics, but I think I could possibly sneak one in beside the phantom switch... am I hallucinating?

Back