Aliexpress M7 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Here is a quick bounce of recording made with M7 capsule from eBay in SYT-5 tube mic.
It's raw recording no EQ or compressor - female vocal and in front of kick.
To me this capsule sounds great it takes EQ very well, too. Nothing to complain about.
Sometimes it's worth taking risks with orders from China ... seller did offer return so even if there was some issue with capsule we are covered.
Thank you for posting the sound samples. Unfortunately they don't work for me, am I the only one? I've had problems with that several times recently...

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<BucketName>gb-data</BucketName>
<RequestId>tx00000000000000d416293-0064ae549e-4c12fa64-nyc3b</RequestId>
<HostId>4c12fa64-nyc3b-nyc-zg02</HostId>
</Error>

Thank you for posting the sound samples. Unfortunately they don't work for me, am I the only one? I've had problems with that several times recently...

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<BucketName>gb-data</BucketName>
<RequestId>tx00000000000000d416293-0064ae549e-4c12fa64-nyc3b</RequestId>
<HostId>4c12fa64-nyc3b-nyc-zg02</HostId>
</Error>
It's fixed now, forgot to hit insert button while uploading attachment .

Hi,
Here is a quick bounce of recording made with M7 capsule from eBay in SYT-5 tube mic.
It's raw recording no EQ or compressor - female vocal and in front of kick.
To me this capsule sounds great it takes EQ very well, too. Nothing to complain about.
Sometimes it's worth taking risks with orders from China ... seller did offer return so even if there was some issue with capsule we are covered.
View attachment 111636
View attachment 111638

Thank you so much for the sound samples, and thank you for bringing this thread back on Topic.

I might order one of these capsules to try out

The only thing written in semi Norwegian was by me, and wasn't an insult. Only an example of a sentence that can't be translated by Google for example. But it can be sumarized by ChatGPT which has no issues with several languages within one sentence. My complaint would be about many new members trolling big time lately using text generators, and AI software to spread misinformation. Reporting my reply is kinda proving my point.

And here's the summary of what i wrote. No insult anywhere.
lol @ title of gpt thread “impolite robot accusations” I think I’ll put it in my list of possible future band names or album titles.

I am also curious about the Ali M7. I just got a blueline from Thiersch and would love to compare it against an ali sourced capsule of the same design. I also have a reskinned vintage m7 in the mix too.

I built a cmv563 out of the blue rocket series (discontinued now) and it is completely compatible with the original Neumann bayonet lollipops. I could compare of them on the exact same head amp.

I love these kind of tests almost as much as actually making music. Hah.

I have a lot to learn from @kingkorg about empirical measuring though. Perhaps it’s time to invest in a good setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back