Aliexpress M7 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi mate,
Did you ever tried or tested any of this aliexpress M7 capsules?
If you tried what did you concluded?

I can understand what people said around here about it being a lottery, it is with a lot of stuff I bought over the years from China/Aliexpress, it’s made for a budget and quality control it’s almost non existent, so it’s a hit or miss sometimes.

Of course I don’t expect the same lottery with known Chinese capsule brands, like 3UAudio, 797 and Takstar, but with cheap generic unbranded Chinese components sometimes you never know what you’re gonna get because the production is not consistent

I really don't know what the problem is with these people, everything I say is true. Because in China, many manufacturers are producing this product. Some may be mature factories, while others are just handcrafted workshops, with varying quality. For example, the famous/infamous 797 microphone!
I can't agree. My pair of Ali M7s sound great in the OA M49 Circuit. Absolutely identical. You would expect a 500-euro capsule in a blind test, huge. My opinion...

Only the 5840 tubes are in this OA M49 circuit varies like hell. Tested many of them, burned them in for two days... and these tubes fluctuate a lot depending on the background noise and "microphony sensitivity" against rumble.

I really didn't know this was a forum that discriminates against non native English speakers! I have seen many people speaking other languages discussing on this forum before, but now it seems that I am wrong!

I really didn't know this was a forum that discriminates against non native English speakers! I have seen many people speaking other languages discussing on this forum before, but now it seems that I am wrong!

And it doesn't discriminate really, all of us in this thread are non native English speakers.
I'm from Portugal, Kingkorg from Norway, Moby from Serbia, there's members from Austria and Greece.

I don't see anything wrong with what you wrote, and I know Kingkorg and he is a very good person and very knowledgeable, I think there was just some sort of Lost in Translation or misunderstanding, sometimes it happens in forums. Then a bit of humor was added I think.
Personally I understood very well what you wrote

Knowing KingKorg and the work/tests that he does and shares here I also understand the need for some empirical experiences and support/evidence for some claims.

Saying this and as I wrote in my previous post I know how some cheap generic products from Aliexpress have very inconsistent quality from one unit to the other

And it doesn't discriminate really, all of us in this thread are non native English speakers.
I'm from Portugal, Kingkorg from Norway, Moby from Serbia, there's members from Austria and Greece.

I don't see anything wrong with what you wrote, and I know Kingkorg and he is a very good person and very knowledgeable, I think there was just some sort of Lost in Translation or misunderstanding, sometimes it happens in forums. Then a bit of humor was added I think.
Personally I understood very well what you wrote

Knowing KingKorg and the work/tests that he does and shares here I also understand the need for some empirical experiences and support/evidence for some claims.

Saying this and as I wrote in my previous post I know how some cheap generic products from Aliexpress have very inconsistent quality from one unit to the other
That's certainly the best, peaceful coexistence is the only way to get more.

Obviously, I am located in China, so I can purchase some. The price ranges from $135 to $232. It may take several days to transport here. I will test it and publish my results when I have free time!

Hi mate,
Did you ever tried or tested any of this aliexpress M7 capsules?
If you tried what did you concluded?

I can understand what people said around here about it being a lottery, it is with a lot of stuff I bought over the years from China/Aliexpress, it’s made for a budget and quality control it’s almost non existent, so it’s a hit or miss sometimes.

Of course I don’t expect the same lottery with known Chinese capsule brands, like 3UAudio, 797 and Takstar, but with cheap generic unbranded Chinese components sometimes you never know what you’re gonna get because the production is not consistent
Sure the QC can vary, but i don't see anything wrong in the sense our new pals from China suggested.

I surely have nothing against the Chinese, i've been the one pushing their products since i joined the forum. Even recently i actually praised their QC when there is one to begin with.

What u have against is usage if different speech transformers, or translators to try to sway oppinion on certain products like it's been tried in this thread. I never suggested anyone is a robot, but using "robots" to convey false information.

There are many lurkers from many countries spending tons of their time on this forum lately fishing for information. AI development has made this possible.

Yet it's still very difficult to participate in a proper conversation using this tools as we've shown here. @mmadu seems to be off rails.

You're right. However, 'quality testing' is only applicable to certain large factories, who have a sense of responsibility for their products. Here, many products come from handicraft workshops, and some even label certain products at high prices to make people think they are "high-quality".

Of course, this is not only for Chinese products, as I rarely purchase international products (EU, US, or others), so I cannot make a comment. But I firmly believe that this situation can occur anywhere. After all, 'everything is for profit!'
Sure the QC can vary, but i don't see anything wrong in the sense our new pals from China suggested.

I surely have nothing against the Chinese, i've been the one pushing their products since i joined the forum. Even recently i actually praised their QC when there is one to begin with.

What u have against is usage if different speech transformers, or translators to try to sway oppinion on certain products like it's been tried in this thread. I never suggested anyone is a robot, but using "robots" to convey false information.

There are many lurkers from many countries spending tons of their time on this forum lately fishing for information. AI development has made this possible.

Yet it's still very difficult to participate in a proper conversation using this tools as we've shown here. @mmadu seems to be off rails.

This thread has been reported for a post with a personal attack....... (which is against the rules).

I had to use a web translator and am not sure how accurate that was (it thinks the insult was written in Norwegian).

Are you guys friendly now?

JR

PS; I am a native english speaker so have difficulty reading other languages.

This thread has been reported for a post with a personal attack....... (which is against the rules).

I had to use a web translator and am not sure how accurate that was (it thinks the insult was written in Norwegian).

JR

Misunderstandings still exist,,,, but perhaps much better

JR

The only thing written in semi Norwegian was by me, and wasn't an insult. Only an example of a sentence that can't be translated by Google for example. But it can be sumarized by ChatGPT which has no issues with several languages within one sentence. My complaint would be about many new members trolling big time lately using text generators, and AI software to spread misinformation. Reporting my reply is kinda proving my point.

And here's the summary of what i wrote. No insult anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708_074835.jpg
    Screenshot_20230708_074835.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 2
The only thing written in semi Norwegian was by me, and wasn't an insult. Only an example of a sentence that can't be translated by Google for example. But it can be sumarized by ChatGPT which has no issues with several languages within one sentence. My complaint would be about many new members trolling big time lately using text generators, and AI software to spread misinformation. Reporting my reply is kinda proving my point.

And here's the summary of what i wrote. No insult anywhere.
Well, this is true. I have to talk to you with a translator. The translator I use cannot understand Norwegian language. It thinks it is English. ChatGPT is not as popular as imagined, in fact, its users have decreased significantly.

Okay, this has nothing to do with this post, let's stop this topic

Hi All,

I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this, but I remember from an old thread that someone on this site MIGHT have an HK12 capsule for sale??!!

Any info about whom?

Best regards,
Christian

I thought the same, this is getting into loony territory
Strange,

I'm really starting to think that someone/or some people want this thread locked.
Or to go completely off topic, for some reason. 🤔

Anyway back to the topic. @Whoops wrote:
"There's a lot of different sellers and links, the prices vary also, but it's probably the same capsule in all of them."

Logically, all those capsules most come from one or a handful of sources in China.
I would be curious to get that M7 capsule for two of my M49 builds.
I know of another distributor in China who stocks them.
Would be tempted to buy them both and do an A-B test.

M

Attachments

• M7 one.png
    M7 one.png
    787.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I totally agree. You @kingkorg, you...
You are "more problematic" and way too clever for a human! 😁
You are a real thorn in the backside of robots like me & Mr.Chatgpt.
All the posts I see you in, are full of rationality and logic.
So empirical you are, too.

"can sometimes drive people crazy"
As for me. I live in France. It's chaos here already!
So I WANT to go crazy and WANT to buy from China.
Pay extortionary high EU taxes for them.
I WANT different versions of this type of product produced in China.

In the meantime, this thread is taking a very "experimental" direction.

M
epic answer :ROFLMAO:

Ich habe keine Ahnung von was Du sprichst. Ich bin ein Deutsch-Muttersprachler... (Nazi) und ich fĂźhle mich in keiner Weise diskriminiert.

Gruß,
Holm

Hi,
Here is a quick bounce of recording made with M7 capsule from eBay in SYT-5 tube mic.
It's raw recording no EQ or compressor - female vocal and in front of kick.
To me this capsule sounds great it takes EQ very well, too. Nothing to complain about.
Sometimes it's worth taking risks with orders from China ... seller did offer return so even if there was some issue with capsule we are covered.
View attachment Alice.mp3
View attachment kick.mp3

Latest posts

Back