Alternate G9 power transformer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cletus monroe

Hello All,

I'm in the process of finishing a G9 tube pre and realized I ordered the
wrong power transformers ( Two TE62055-ND 2x24(22)@.6A 15VA).
"Why you stupid fool?", you ask? Well I'm also building 3 more 1176's (one with gustav's board and a stereo with mnat's).
Anyway,

Then I tried to order the transformers listed
on Paul Stephan's part list and found that they are "non-stock" at both digikey and Mouser.
So,

does anyone have any alternate suggestions for a stocked digikey transformer. Or one from another supplier? This is not something I want to screw up considering their price. So I come humbly to you for help. I promise to post full pics of all four 1176's. The first one I built using a lundahl on the out sounds awesome on vocals, bass, and uno mic'd drums so far. Plus I love how you can distort transients with its overly
fast attack setting. Thanks for any and all help.

Take care,
cletus

Hi Cletus,

If you post your location in your profile, much more people will probably be able to help you with this sort of location-specific questions..

Jakob E.

Thanks Jakob,
I didn't realize I hadn't put my location down. I'm looking for a U.S.
distributor.
Still hoping someone might be using an alternate power supply in their G9 than what was in Paul Stephan's list. There is nothing like thinking you've got all the parts only to find out you don't and the parts you need won't be in stock for almost two months!

Take care,
clay

Thanks for the help. Which one did you pick up for your G9?
Would it be this one: Y236103. That is the fourth one down under
the 30V rating. Or, should I go for two of the 15V rated toroidals?
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. .
Take care,
clay

Latest posts

Back