Another CK12 Thread - what's available in 2023?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneRoomStudio

GDIY Supporter
To quote @litespeedgreg from another thread, the current CK12 (correct backplate) offerings are:
In alphabetical order, including a couple missed, PLUS corrections:

Beesneez
Campbell Transmitter - assisted by AKG
Heiserman
Josephson
Lawson
MBHO/Haun - assisted by AKG
OPR
Telefunken Elektoakustik - assisted by AKG
Upton

Coming soon...

Arienne Audio (?)
3U
Chinese (see above: Mr. Pan, Cameron)
Myburgh
The Russians

Exciting! Stay tuned...
From what I can tell, the following are no longer available to the DIY community (at least, not right now):
Campbell Transmitter
Heiserman
Josephson
MBHO/Haun
Telefunken
Upton (confirmed by @noizetoys)

That leaves:
Beesneez (US$430)
OPR (US$430)*
Lawson (US$895!!)

*Updated now that OPR has capsules in stock.

There are a few more potentially on the way:
3U Audio
Arienne Audio (?)
Campbell Transmitter (?)

Last edited:
from what I see on their shop, Telefunken does not sell CK12 capsules. They use them in their mics but don't sell them.
Yeah, that's why I included them in the first "no longer available to the DIY community" list. I suppose I could change that to "not available," since I don't know if the Telefunken capsules ever were.

At this moment, it appears that only the BeesNeez capsule or a $895 capsule from Lawson are available.

I never got a reply from most manufacturers. It's a shame, it's just the way it is and it speaks for itself. In the "Pro Biz" there is of course a lot (most) recommended by word of mouth and accordingly you get your reputation.. For this reason HANDS up for Beesneez and OPR... honest answers.... They did not loose their roots...thank you ❤️

It is still listed unless Paul has sold it and not taken down his listing. The current price for my capsule when they are available is 400 USD. I wonder what it will sell for?

I have the original version of AKG C12, used Tim CT12 and OPR CK12, Heiserman and Beesneez have not used it, my own feeling is that Tim’s CT12 should be close enough to the original version, although there are still some slight differences, but every AKG C12 also has some differences. Tim's CT12 should be a good choice, but there is no supply. I am looking forward to the 3U CK12, because their M7 gave me enough surprises.

Last edited:
I have about 7 original capsules. My favourite is the C12a, the Beesneez sounds pretty much the same. The Haun is the second closest imo but it can be a little dark in my experience. So if I wanted to sound authentic it’s Beesneez all the way…..

Back