Any Horse Guys Out There ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS - anyone else noticed how amazing a d28 records ?

My 12 string is a little weird, with light strings and a D tuning; sort of loose, flappy and very resonant about it's preferred freq ...  kind of like a loose snare drum with a a strong body resonance.

It can be a little less than 'hifi' while you're playing (in a sense) but listening back to the mic'd recording, it has an unbeatable recorded sound - very 'together' and even  ...  this just with an external condenser mic and a Tascam DR-40.

I think it captures better than I expected - understated 'live' but even and powerful on tape.

ANyway - it's another great thing about Martin acoustics.

The Guild D-50 six strings kills any other acoustic I've played, tho' - full stop. Martin included. Its a precision, working man's machine with 'D'Addario BlueGrass'  twelves  (gauge) strings. Pro sound and handling off the batt. Tuning perfect. Intonation perfect. Action superb.

Tone to cry for and a 'cannonball' in every respect. Adirondack spruce with 'stripes', rosewood back-sides, mahog neck with walnut insert and ebony board and bridge with bone saddle (really jammed in tight!)

Makes you sound at least twice as good as you really are.

And my one is not even one of the good vintages! Only  a '3 horse' priced guitar.

Attachments

• guild d-40 1998 sm.jpg
    guild d-40 1998 sm.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back