Any volunteers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All meta-keepers:

There could be many different ways of keeping track of the stuff. None is inherently bettter or more correct, I think. BUT. In order to make the metas easily readable and quick to scan, we should try adopting the same "style"

What I do in the two Meta's that I'm keeping should be easy to copy.

- The name of the thread should be "META - projectname"

- maybe start the post with the explanation - the text in small (size9). Copy from my post, or explain yourself

- Then the links - simply copied from the threads. Or "external" information from the web that you find relevant.

- Then title in bold

- Then a short description

- one line space between items to ease reading

- try listing the metas in order of importance - important stuff first

- If comments or pointers are posted by other members, copy/paste those into the main, and leave a new message at the end of the thread for the moderator to clear all messages onto that point..

That should be all?

Take a look at the ssl-meta:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=110

Jakob E.

[quote author="kubi"]Do we keep the metas here inside the Lab or are we going to set them into another new forum for a better overview?[/quote]

Let's keep them here for now - if needed, we can easily transplant them to a separate forum.

They're easily found with a search for "meta"

I see that Michael has already kicked off the Vari-Mu section.. Well done..!!

Jakob E.

Jakob,

Great. I'll get cracking on the Newbie Explanations and Tools/Test Equipment/Workshop etc.

:thumb:

I'll pull some external links together too...

Mark

I got mine started. It's a bit scratchy at the moment but I'm relying on evolution!

I'm sure you ladies & gentlemen will put me on the right track. Doesn't feel like it will be hard work at all.

This is such a good idea and I'm delighted to be helping out - good to feel I'm putting something into the community.

If there's any interest in IC opamps and such I'd be glad to take it. F.y.i. in my previuos life i was an field apps guy at Harris Semiconductor, think i still rememeber a thing or two - not bragging, just one item from my cv.... :wink:

Back