Anyone bought this capsule mount and tried it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capsule looks like the same TSB-160a variant (different number rear vent holes) in that plastic ring; also used in Monoproce LC100, and AKG P120 (with different baffle ring).

Saddle shown in your photo is a completely different one - no rubber post?

So, looks like the version to look for is the one with the tapered head basket.

The saddle seems to be all-rubber(?) - the assemblers were a bit over-eager and kinda squashed the saddle under the capsule mounting screws (if you zoom in).

So the capsule mount came yesterday. It's smaller in height than the Peluso's I've been using, which is fine, I can work with that. The mounting holes on the bottom are .3" apart, just like the Peluso's, and all of the bodies I use seem to be pre-drilled for that. Even those cheap BM800's I am using for my FET847 builds.

The curved plastic part that you attach the capsule to is smaller (less length in the arc) than what I am used to, but in the case of Soliloqueen's capsules, that's OK since she provides that part when you buy her capsules. It's a tiny bit wider than the one that comes with the capsule, but literally 2 seconds of sanding the bottom part of her part will make it fit with the original screw that comes with the mount.

They give you screws to attach the capsule to the mount (they measure about m1.4) but no screws to attach the mount to the mic body, but just like with the Pelusos, the mount accepts M2 screws for that (about 5mm long).

At the end of the day, I have no problems with this mount. Particularly since you can replace the curved arc part with the ones Soliliqueen provides. I don't know how well it would work using the provided curved part, but I will experiment with that also.

I'm definintely ordering 3 more to finish off my remaining four FET847 builds.

I'll take some pics next time I'm in my lab.

Last edited:
OK, the first pic shows the mount with soliloqueen's piece attached. Right below it is the one that it came with, and to the left is the 2nd mount I ordered that came today, and to the right is the other partial mount that came with the Arienne capsules.

The other pic is the same thing from different angles.

Attachments

• IMG_20230329_173540.jpg
    IMG_20230329_173540.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230329_173622.jpg
    IMG_20230329_173622.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back