APE EQ PCB (See video sample)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's working in spice.But there is no GND pin.Original API 550 schema has no GND pin,too_Only four pin.In,Out,-V,+V.But in real life circuit has 5 pin with GND.I can't understand that where is the GND?

ForthMonkey said:

It's working in spice.But there is no GND pin.Original API 550 schema has no GND pin,too_Only four pin.In,Out,-V,+V.But in real life circuit has 5 pin with GND.I can't understand that where is the GND?

Nowhere, it is just for shielding, take a look at any commercial operation amplifier or follower. Does it ever have a GND pin? No.

There is no need for a GND pad as the circuit is floating, with the gain defined as the difference between the inputs multiplied by the gain, with the "neutral" point  given by the internal biasing as some arbitrary point between V+ and V-. That is the reason for offset compensation or DC coupling in a lot of opamps.

For your circuit it is similar R8 defines the Q bias of the common-collector buffer and R14/R15 the biasing of Q2 for the output stage

There are some api eagle libraries here where there are the boards to use, the problem with this is usually the front panel sizing.
using pot with it isn't a problem, but I think API uses other part of the switch I think to do automatic Q changing, which you would be missing doing so.

Nice project and nice clean out of the messy original schematics, thanks for those, maybe I use them. waiting to see what happens...

JS

UPDATE!

Waiting for PCBs for three units.One for prototype the others to sell.Then i will get PCBs for five units,too.

There will be five PCBs.As i said,four for freq boards and one main boards.

For one unit PCBs will be $50.

Hi,

Slight confused with this, could this not have the resistors soldered onto the pots?
this would help to bring down the size of the whole thing.
Are you planning on using a dual concentric? if so which one?
be great to hear some audio samples when you have prototyped.

could something like this be used?

http://www.surplussales.com/Switches/SWSealed-2.html

Rotary Switch
8P3T

Enlarge Image
(SWR) H-229814
CTS rotary switch. 3 wafer, dual concentric shaft. Top 2 wafers on 1/4" shaft 4P3T each. Bottom wafer on 1/8" shaft 6P2T. 2 amp, sealed. 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" square. Requires 3/8" mounting hole, 1-3/4" behind panel. 1/4"D & 1/8"D shaft. 3/8"D x 3/8"L bushing.

regards

Spence.

Latest posts

Back