Reddish 500 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy to report that my unit, kindly assembled by Jordan (JMan), is also working and sounding beautifully. Very simple and easy to use for someone like me - a sufferer from an irrational fear of more surgical type eqs - but also quite powerful at the same time, which is exactly what I needed. Everything about it screams "quality" and, somehow, things like this feel much more special than commercially available gear.

I'd really like to thank JMan for his time, energy and generosity, but also Ian (ruffrecords), of course. Really looking forward to more projects like this in the future.
What a treat to see it racked up after only looking at it on my bench!

And yes, it just can't be said enough, Ian is awesome.

I think surgical EQ is overrated. It is fine if you want to cut some interfering frequencies bit not much else. The ancients got it right when they used broad boosting EQ.
My thoughts exactly. However, I had an Heritage Audio 1073 type eq before this, and even that was too much for me! Vastly prefer a more limited approach and the Redd is indeed perfect.

Back