Apex Mics for modification?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks kind of like the nady 1050. The body and power supply might be good. I did not see any thing about transformer or transformerless and what size and micron the capsule is.

I have two of the older nady 1050 and the low end is missing As best I can tell it is the capsule I have changed and upgraded both microphones circuits and tried differnt transformers .

I might be a good deal if you know ahead of time you might want to change the capsule and the transformer will have to go if it is built like all the china transformers I have heard.

Yea, I built a mic out of it. Actually, I kept the PC boards that came in it, replaced the tube with a NOS 6072, reconfigured the circuit as a C12 (you can do this without needing new boards), replaced the transformer with a Sowter unit, replaced the capsule with a C414ULS capsule, and took out the inner mesh of the grill. It's a decent sounding microphone now...

Anyways, it's basically a copy of the C12VR except the capsule is a centre-terminated Chinese capsule - and one of the lower-end ones at that.

I couldn't pass up a deal like that. I got a couple. I am looking to mod it out with a jesen trafo and probably peluso mic capsule. Any other ideas is always appricated.

Latest posts

Back