API 312 Thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat, could you please.....
I am working on everybodys stuff. Finally.
I tried a girlfriend, but she took all my forum time.
A tired pair of mocasins are better in the woods than a pair of high top boots that leak and slow you down, what say?

I'm working on a board right now, I have a thread up in the Drawing Room for critique on the layout. Once it's done and tested if there's demand I'd definitely be into producing a larger run and selling them.

It will have:
Inputs: JT16A, LL1538, standard API (Cinemag 75101APC)
Standard API output (2523 or Cinemag CMOQ2) or servo output.

Polarity reverse, +48, pad.

Short enough to fit eight into a 2U rack.

I'm considering designing them to be able to mount in Par-Metal chassis with PCB mounted XLR connectors also. Any votes for or against this last idea?

[quote author="CJ"]there is not much to that board, you could tack 90 percent of the parts to the opamp. P tp P, if you wanted to get funky.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. Might have to do that because I like getting funky.

[quote author="bobschwenkler"]I'm working on a board right now, I have a thread up in the Drawing Room for critique on the layout. Once it's done and tested if there's demand I'd definitely be into producing a larger run and selling them.

It will have:
Inputs: JT16A, LL1538, standard API (Cinemag 75101APC)
Standard API output (2523 or Cinemag CMOQ2L) or servo output.

Polarity reverse, +48, pad.

Short enough to fit eight into a 2U rack.

I'm considering designing them to be able to mount in Par-Metal chassis with PCB mounted XLR connectors also. Any votes for or against this last idea?[/quote]

That would be cool, too! :)

Just gotta make oneofthem James Brown type noises , HuUUh !
O.K. new thread , how do we spell that , or them ?

But quite right Cj , just a few parts , if you didn't want the relays
then a perfboard would do fine !
2x xfmr + opamp add a few RCs & psu

Certainly the board shouldn't cost much

Hi guys,

I'm working with Fabio and getting all the orders fulfilled. Just look on the Black Market thread.
I have only a hand full of 312 pcbs, but will have more soon. As soon as the orders are filled I'll start stocking them again.
hopefully soon you will be able to by them at www.braudio.com

take care
Gil

Looks like the race for the next 312 board ,
suppose a little healthy competion is o.k.
How can it be advanced or improved ?
Fabs does have servo & relay options ,
Hmmmm

Competition whooaa...

Please not...i own a pair of Reliquia 312...i just found that we can achieve a 312 with less effort and money..... Fabio layout is awesome.!

My layout is a humble rendition to the DIY wich i tried to keep it basic and compact!

cheers. :thumb:

Well that sounds good drpat , but will it cash cheque's ?
were you serious ? can we see it ?

3nity your's has the B.A. inspired streamlined look , ought to be
no problem jamming 4 of those in a 1RU

I has just posted that because someone mentioned building & selling
a 312 type board [ earlier in the thread ] if we can keep the cost down , i'd risk adding to my " to do " pile

3nity your's has the B.A. inspired streamlined look , ought to be
no problem jamming 4 of those in a 1RU

I has just posted that because someone mentioned building & selling
a 312 type board [ earlier in the thread ] if we can keep the cost down , i'd risk adding to my " to do " pile

Greg 4 in a 1RU is not a problem it even wouldn't be tight!

I wasn't thinking about the BA's when doing the layout but they look similar!

You know what i didn't like in BA's?? Even on a 312 style they don't sound like one? i don't know maybe 48V single rail....

Cost is very low with the kits i'm building soon.

[quote author="drpat"]I've got a Osmond quartz file with a stereo unit that I designed, that's based on a 312. It's set up so that you can load it up to be completely stock too. Let me know if you want it...
[/quote]

Cool! I'd love to see it!

[quote author="okgb"]Looks like the race for the next 312 board ,
suppose a little healthy competion is o.k.
How can it be advanced or improved ?
Fabs does have servo & relay options ,
Hmmmm[/quote]

I have one in the works too, haha.

Hi there!!

Does someone know if this Gra*hill would feet a R*liquia 312???It's 71BDF30-01-1-AJN despite of AJS ...(According to Fabio's BOM)
http://fr.farnell.com/1366436/electromecanique-energie/product.us0?sku=grayhill-71bdf30-01-1-ajn
Or maybe a good source to get them??In Europe???

Could someone tell me what's the difference between Rev3 and Rev3.1??It's "obscure" to me ...

By advance , Many thanks...

Latest posts

Back