API 525 compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goddamn! Stop with the expense projects guys!!! haha I just got my Neve 1081 boards so that puts a huge dent in the wallet.

When do you think these boards will be run off?

[quote author="therecordingart"]
When do you think these boards will be run off?[/quote]

I'll get plenty, so don't worry about missing the boat.

[quote author="peter purpose"]I've managed to squeeze in an upright discrete op amp for a balanced input, so will probably abandon the larger sized board.
[/quote]

Is the A4 DOA on the PCB supposed to be a 2520-footprint thingy? If so I´m missing the ground pin. And I´m wondering how it should fit there. The ones I have here are physically larger than the space on the PCB is. Or am I getting something wrong?
btw great work, Peter :thumb:

Here is my quick attempt at the upright OA. I'll flatten is as much as I can to keep the height as low as possible.
This one is what I was planning to supply with the board.
Speak now if you think we need a full on 2510.

uroa.jpg

I assumed the "high" and "low" inputs on the original 525C schematic where the balanced input.. shows what I know..
did they originally sell them unbalanced?

hejsan

i see that in "off" the input to A2 is taken directy from the input.... in normal use (since I haven't used one), is there any gain in "off," and do the in/out controls have any effect?

Back