APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the APP2050 , that has clear and warm sound with a 60-70' vintage color, it runs at +/-24V of supply voltages. Moreover, it has very fast transients and dynamic (infact it's very indicated with guitars).

If you want a clear and trasparent sound (but no aggressive), I council you the APP2055.

Regarding the APP2050Ge I could use higher voltage transistors to run with +/- 24V, but I think that the right op amp for your application is the APP2050 normal or E version.

Pier Paolo

hello pierpaolo!
payment done for: n2 2050E,n2 2050ge,n1 psu kit
(ID univoco della transazione 7BT65006S11552933)
;)
thankyou!!
dingo.

ppa said:
It's the APP2050 , that has clear and warm sound with a 60-70' vintage color, it runs at +/-24V of supply voltages. Moreover, it has very fast transients and dynamic (infact it's very indicated with guitars).

If you want a clear and trasparent sound (but no aggressive), I council you the APP2055.

Regarding the APP2050Ge I could use higher voltage transistors to run with +/- 24V, but I think that the right op amp for your application is the APP2050 normal or E version.

Pier Paolo

So what is the tone difference between the 2050 E version and 2050?
The console im replacing op amps is a yamaha pm2000 the op amps in it are really in your face which i love but there is this 4k edge i wanna get rid of i have tried other op amps but others like jlm99v sounded more distant and not as strong phase as the yamaha op amps!
thanks again
Govinda

Pier Paolo,
I just got the package in the mail a few minutes ago.  Thank you very much, I can't wait to listen to them 8)
Mike

mrc said:
Pier Paolo,
I just got the package in the mail a few minutes ago.  Thank you very much, I can't wait to listen to them 8)
Mike
thanks
Pier Paolo

Govinda Doyle said:
So what is the tone difference between the 2050 E version and 2050?
The console im replacing op amps is a yamaha pm2000 the op amps in it are really in your face which i love but there is this 4k edge i wanna get rid of i have tried other op amps but others like jlm99v sounded more distant and not as strong phase as the yamaha op amps!
thanks again
Govinda

APP2050E is better than APP2050 for many things.
However, if you need 32 or 64 pcs, I could send you some differents opamps so you could decide that fits better into your console. This is the process I do when the customer needs to replace several opamps in his console. The opamps that you don't choise, you could send back them to me for others of the type that fits better into your console. Moreover I do a special price for large quantity.
Pier Paolo

Thanks Pier!
only thing is they have to be soldered into my console, i'm a really neat solderer but im not sure if you will want them back after they have been fixed in my console
do you think if i get say 2x2050 and 2x2050e will that be enough for me to try?
is it worth me trying the 990 style as well?
Thanks again
Govinda

Govinda Doyle said:
Thanks Pier!
only thing is they have to be soldered into my console, i'm a really neat solderer but im not sure if you will want them back after they have been fixed in my console
do you think if i get say 2x2050 and 2x2050e will that be enough for me to try?
is it worth me trying the 990 style as well?
Thanks again
Govinda
I could send you the opamps with solderable leads , the "normal" pins have not be soldered.
Regarding the return back of the samples, do not worry! If you will buy the stock of opamps for your console I will return to you the money the same for the samples that you do not need. However, regarding for the samples I do a special price for them.
Moreover, for free, I could send you a new version of my APP99 (that it will have different name) to test it on your console.
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,

want to build a stepped mastering version of Studer 169-500, hf and lf only, with switchable frequencies. Would you recommend APP10 or APP99F? - not looking for character, just transparency and speed.

kindest regards,

AndyP

strangeandbouncy said:
Hi Pier,

want to build a stepped mastering version of Studer 169-500, hf and lf only, with switchable frequencies. Would you recommend APP10 or APP99F? - not looking for character, just transparency and speed.

kindest regards,

AndyP

for an eq I council the APP2055 because you can have the trasparency and the speed of the APP10 but, in eqs, the APP2055 is better than APP10 for noise. The APP99F has not the trasparency and speed of the APP2055 in eqs.

kr
Pier Paolo

ppa said:
for an eq I council the APP2055 because you can have the trasparency and the speed of the APP10 but, in eqs, the APP2055 is better than APP10 for noise. The APP99F has not the trasparency and speed of the APP2055 in eqs.
kr
Pier Paolo

I wanted to say that APP2055 is an ultra low noise opamp. It has 10 times less voltage noise than an OPA604, for example. APP2055 has the advantage to have an ultra low voltage noise of (1nV/rt hz at 1khz) and an ultra low current noise, so, in an eq, it give a noise so low that it's very hard for an IC and a discrete opamp to do better.  Moreover, APP2055 has a wonderful stability at unity gain and an high slew rate so it's very indicated for active filters. APP10 gives very low noise in an gear such an eq but APP2055 does better. Moreover, for lowest gains I prefer the APP2055 to the APP10 and also to many opamps, because APP2055 gives an impressive low noise in this gear as the studer eq.

However, APP10 it's very indicated for trasformerless preamps and for input trasformer preamps with input trasformer ratio in range from 1:1 to 1:5, but works very well in line amplifiers, compressors, active summing amps , eqs, so APP10 works very well in the studer eq, but since you have asked to me a council I had give it to you.  :D

kr
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier Paolo

I would like to order 2 APP99F's, could you please tell me how much I need to pay since I don't really understand if the discount is on the shipping or on the DOA itself! (sorry I'm french!!!)

Price is 32 euros, S&H with registered mail service with 50% of discount.

Grazié millé!
Jr.

diyfanatic said:
Hi Pier Paolo

I would like to order 2 APP99F's, could you please tell me how much I need to pay since I don't really understand if the discount is on the shipping or on the DOA itself! (sorry I'm french!!!)

Price is 32 euros, S&H with registered mail service with 50% of discount.

Grazié millé!
Jr.

Hi,
the discount is on the shipping.
For France the registered mail service is 7 euros so, with the discount applied, the shipping cost is 3.5 euros.
thanks
kind regards
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier Paolo,

on the first page the price is 32€ so it should be 64€ + 3,5€ for shipping = 67,5€ right?
on the same time, you wrote this for a customer, maybe there was a special discount at this time!

don't want to be a pain but I'm a bit lost here...

ppa said:
bplastic77 said:
Hey Pier Paolo,
I would like to order 2 APP99F's
thanks
Brian :)
Hi Brian,
2X APP99F are 2X26 Euros = 52 euros = 70.3 US $ ,   S&H and paypal fees are included in the price.
It's possible paying in US $. The paypal payment for no european customer is to [email protected], for european customer is [email protected] (It's for the strange italian fiscal laws)   
k regards
Pier Paolo

I done a lunch price for the APP99F at 26 euros pc, but now the prices is 32 euros pc.

Pier Paolo

thanks that's what I tought !  ;)

finally I took 2 APP2050, promise I'm not cheap just changing my mind after some readings!

so payed for 2 APP2050!

thanks to offering this, I've read nothing but good things about your DOA!

cheers.
Jr.

Latest posts

Back