APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one of Andrew's bodies with Dany's D-47 PCB assembled:

Attachments

• D-47 in Andrew Mic Body.jpg
    D-47 in Andrew Mic Body.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 263
Here is ahort video of disassembling M23 connector:

https://youtu.be/ZRxTY_7HTvE

You have to push the female contact with your thumb and at the same time hold the threaded ring with other two fingers. Then turn the connector body pushing with your thumb and don't letting the contacts turn together. Use the same method in assembling it back.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Here is ahort video of disassembling M23 connector:

https://youtu.be/ZRxTY_7HTvE

You have to push the female contact with your thumb and at the same time hold the threaded ring with other two fingers. Then turn the connector body pushing with your thumb and don't letting the contacts turn together. Use the same method in assembling it back.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew.  It was not at all obvious to me! haha

Hi,

Also I would strongly recommend to solder or glue the connector washer to the tread after it is tightened. This will help to avoid from loosening it while using your mic. You will also notice that upper and lower sides of washer are slightly different. The one which has an even surface must go up and the one  with turned small ring around perimeter must touch the body end bell.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Pip said:
vinylwall said:
Here is one of Andrew's bodies with Dany's D-47 PCB assembled:

Is that a Beesneez Capsule and Mount? How does it sound?

Microphone-parts. RK-47 - I don't have power supplies built yet (I actually have a pair in build process right now.)  Too many sessions eating up my time.

Hi All, I just wanted to let you know that Andriejus Is making a fantastic work on those mic body
I really feel the Vintage Vibe  8) into these , they just look awesome ,  the Attention to details is definitely his strong suit,
from the Mic case Latch to the tiny screw that holds the Mic Shell,  I could not be happier with it ,
Hats Off Andriejus,  now its time for me to go ahead and build this beauty  :)
Hats Off Dude,
Best,
Dan,

58d1402a0880f.jpg

58d1402a08820.jpg

M3.jpg

In construction with the D7 ;)
58d02819947dc.jpg

I have received one of my U47 kits and am really impressed with the quality of every detail in the package.  The finish on the body looks excellent. The head grill is sturdy, uniform and has a very fine finish.  Everything fits together neatly and it certainly has an expensive feel. Even the box is if a quality you just don't see from the Chinese vendors.  Superb. 

The connector is also awesome.  I think we are purely spoiled by the quality of parts we have access to these days.  I'm sure the big name mic makers don't like it very much though.  Amazing work Andrew.  I can't wait to get some more of these into my hands.  Thanks for your attention to detail throughout the project!

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 149
I am looking forward to receiving a pair soon.

I too am interested in three rail versions and it has occurred to me that this could be facilitated with the addition of just a couple more holes in the bottom bell and the top plate. All of the extra holes would be hidden from view in the final assembly and so it is possible to imagine the availability of one mic package that can be assembled with either a two rail or three rail configuration.

It seems as if a small addition to the G-code for the CNC machining of the bottom bell and the laser(?) cutting of the top plate could facilitate this and add tremendous value to the package.

I'd request two additional bodies ASAP if I could have a three rail option.  :)

Hi all,

Body tubes and end bells for a second run are being finished:

bell-th.jpg

tube-th.jpg

tube2-th.jpg

And I also will receive a sample of new plating. This new plating is used for first run parts which are being fixed and will be used for a second run:

02-th.jpg

03-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

;)

A few extra holes would offer a great benefit to builders interested in point to point recreations while it wouldn't seem to detract from the PCB builders in any way.

:D

Attachments

• Andrejius-Bell.jpg
    Andrejius-Bell.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9
trans4funks1 said:
;)

A few extra holes would offer a great benefit to builders interested in point to point recreations while it wouldn't seem to detract from the PCB builders in any way.

:D

Hi,

I will definitely will offer point to point construction as well. Jus need some time for other production.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Back