are we back?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

Server has been down and up. I see no new messages.

If you missed it, see top of page "We had to replace a failed hard drive, and found..."

We are back...unless I wake up tomorrow and discover otherwise. :-\
While we have redundant backups, we're not as fancy as the enterprise guys that have distributed servers with self-healing network redundancy.
We have 3x backup redundancy, 2 local and 1 offsite.
I would like to think this was a very unusual series of events, but it has me thinking that it may be a good idea to beef up the 'contingency plan'.

it was my fault, i tried to edit a post using  a Direct Access Storage Device interface with fixed block architecture, the result was a revised ECHS mitigation,
this limitation by using 128 or 240 instead of 16 heads, simultaneously reducing the numbers of cylinders and sectors to fit into 1024/128/63,

this was fixed by  rebooting the drum memory devices or the IBM 2321 Data Cell, but actually 512×63×256×1024=8064 MiB yields what is known as 8 GiB limit In this context relevant definition of 8 GiB = 8192 MiB is another incorrect limit, because it would require CHS 512×64×256 with 64 sectors per track.

during the third pass into the malware diagnostic program  process, a bug was spotted at this location>

OMG, it was so good to be off_line for couple of days...
i finally had time to work on  my robot  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I didn't realize how addicted I am to this place!

I tried googling audio DIY topics and kept coming up with links for GDIY!

Thanks Ethan for your hard work; this is an amazing resource and I know a ton of people missed it even though it was only 24 hours.

Mike

+1  :)

Phrazemaster said:
I didn't realize how addicted I am to this place!

I tried googling audio DIY topics and kept coming up with links for GDIY!

Thanks Ethan for your hard work; this is an amazing resource and I know a ton of people missed it even though it was only 24 hours.

Mike

I'm indebted to this community more than I may ever be able to give back. I practically learned to solder here...and for better or worse I remember heeding the advice of one member named CJ about  the best way to discharge some high voltage capacitors. It was more than 10 years ago that I was asking about bleeder resistors and remember being told about the screwdriver method. Not for the faint of heart.  ;D

Latest posts

Back