Audio Designs and Mfg. ADM Mixing Consoles and Circuits, Transformers, Detroit, Michigan

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi TT:
Thanks for the welcome....if you've got pics to share, I'd appreciate it
>> Here's a photo that probably won't do you any good, but it still might be of some ever-so-slight interest. This photo is me, as a young 20-year old recording engineer, sitting at an ADM mixing console when I worked at a recording studio in Indianapolis, IN just before I was drafted into the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War conflict. This photo was taken by another recording engineer who also had worked there. Enjoy???.....

1720711900716.png

The recording studio was located in a former TV-studio building, so the studio room was large enough to accommodate an orchestra. The mixing console was located on a 2-foot high elevated platform inside the control room and the entire control room was also elevated about 3-feet high up from the studio floor. This meant that the recording engineer was about 5-feet above the studio floor, giving you a fairly good overview of the entire studio floor layout (through the rather large control room window partially seen over on the right-side center of this photo) and all of the musicians scattered around the studio. COOL!!!

/

>> Here's a photo that probably won't do you any good, but it still might be of some ever-so-slight interest. This photo is me, as a young 20-year old recording engineer, sitting at an ADM mixing console when I worked at a recording studio in Indianapolis, IN just before I was drafted into the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War conflict. This photo was taken by another recording engineer who also had worked there. Enjoy???.....

View attachment 132428

The recording studio was located in a former TV-studio building, so the studio room was large enough to accommodate an orchestra. The mixing console was located on a 2-foot high elevated platform inside the control room and the entire control room was also elevated about 3-feet high up from the studio floor. This meant that the recording engineer was about 5-feet above the studio floor, giving you a fairly good overview of the entire studio floor layout (through the rather large control room window partially seen over on the right-side center of this photo) and all of the musicians scattered around the studio. COOL!!!

/
That's great! Thank you for sharing - ANY pics of ADM/Audio Designs installations are always appreciated.
That looks like an early RC/NRC recording console. Would you detail time span? When purchased/installed/de-installed? Customer/Studio Name? Any famous (or not so famous) recordings done with this board in that era?

Thanks again,
TomC

Back