Audio is Crap

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

Jump over to the Drawing Board and improving the design is paramount but in real like old designs with distortion everywhere is the thing. Flaky transformers that saturate and the list goes on.  Mixing DOWN is just that, taking the audio into less than what it is. Lying to the audience, making idiots sound like they can sing, dumbers sound like they can drum.  The recorded music hold no authencity, flakier than the president. Weak sause everywhere peeps, just sayin! Hahaha. Rant for the day.

No one is holding a gun to your head and has you strapped to a gurney in some clockwork-orange-style brainwashing session.

Who do you want to be/see/hear? 

miley cyrus just performed Pink Floyd wish u were here on SNL....
OMG.... IT WAS FREAKING BAD, REALLY BAD!
there was no gun around, but had to watch it....

edit : a gun would be an good excuse tho  ;D
she was that awful!

I’m not very good at electronics yet I persist. Unapologetically like many others around here.

Where is your hit record?

But does it matter?
If the goal is to create a good sounding recording, then you have to think in terms of the final result. It shouldn't be about your ego and bragging how well you have mastered an instrument.

We don't care what tricks a carpenter uses, as long as he delivers quality work.
We don't care how good a chef is with his knife, as long as the meal tastes good.
We don't care how much assistance a surgeon gets, as long as the operation is a success.
Why should art be any different?

I've been playing piano since I was 6 years old, and you could say I can play it.
But I think creating a record that sound goods is way harder then actually playing an instrument.
People who say ''creating music with a computer'' is easy usually haven't even tried either.

Actually, when I was playing classical piano at music school, I always felt like a monkey doing some fancy trick to impress old people  ::)
Music shouldn't be about performing hardest tricks possible.

analag said:
Jump over to the Drawing Board and improving the design is paramount but in real like old designs with distortion everywhere is the thing. Flaky transformers that saturate and the list goes on.  Mixing DOWN is just that, taking the audio into less than what it is. Lying to the audience, making idiots sound like they can sing, dumbers sound like they can drum.  The recorded music hold no authencity, flakier than the president. Weak sause everywhere peeps, just sayin! Hahaha. Rant for the day.
That is the trend at least today, not always. Some years ago I was at a friend's house who had old issues of Mix Magazine, im talking  around '97 to early 2000's. I was impressed at reading, mostly the ads, that the trend back then was: analog is dirty and bad, digital is good, replace your analog console with a digital one, your analog tape machine with a Radar system and so on, in fact there was an article of a studio owner who was bragging about how they replaced their old Neve with a new all-digital console. Back then, at least in the magazines, there was a vibe that people was looking for pristine and hi-fi, many wanted the digital stuff because it didnt have all the crap analog had like noise and distortion. So I guess today is different but who knows what will it be in the next decade or so.

kambo said:
miley cyrus just performed Pink Floyd wish u were here on SNL....
OMG.... IT WAS FREAKING BAD, REALLY BAD!

She's got a good voice and she can sing, but how she sang it, the changes she made to the melody and rhythm ruined it for me.

living sounds said:
She's got a good voice and she can sing, but how she sang it, the changes she made to the melody and rhythm ruined it for me.

I just listened to it. Her voice sounds awesome (really gritty and good emotion), the production was nice and sparse, and while some of her specific vocal flourishes weren't what I expected there was nothing wrong with them.

But there's no accounting for taste, so shrug.

Latest posts

Back